• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking back at the draft

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real, The Broncos will look 2x as stupid as us for passing on Fields. 

They passed on him because they thought they had something in Drew Lock. 

Now they're starting Bridgewater over him. 

Completely and utterly ridiculous. 

In comparing Darnold to Lock, both have had small flashes but struggled in the league. The good news is Darnold had waaaaay less talent around him. I think it was more of neither franchise being that high on Fields or Jones than anything else.. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Mahomes wouldn't have been Mahomes if he went to Chicago, he would be decent but not considered one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the league.

I don't know if I agree.  Watson went to a horrible Texans org.  It didn't matter.   Horrible OL.  Bad coaching.  Bad management.  I mean, he is Mahomes to the Bears (but worse).

Watson was going to be special no matter where he went.  That's just what he was.  

• Pie 4

Too early for all this......AND chase needs to step his poo up. 

I mean if the bungals wanted to unload him for a furture 1st, nano second YES.

Panthers passed on Slater as well, who by *too early reports is looking great at LT.

Horn fits too many of the panthers checks to pass up.

FYI - It feels like for the most part, there is a new focus on size ala gettlegut/ravens. They want players with big hands, long arms, wide shoulders etc etc. in before shi smith a late 6th is posted...

3 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I hate to be that guy, but I think this draft will be judged by passing on a certain QB.  Hate me if you want, but I truly believe that's how this draft will be judged.  

Don't get me wrong we had a hell of a draft....but there will be that elephant in the room if Darnold is what his numbers suggest, and he who shall not be named becomes a top 10 QB in Chicago. 

19 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Image result for let it go meme

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The Panthers won't be the only team that passed on you know who.  I think the Panthers will be fine.

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

... cause you know we keep talking about how we passed on Tom Brady right?

fuging idiots in management!!! 

🙄

move on dude or get a job in the league

A few of you are not comprehending what my opinion is about...

I'm not suggesting who we should have drafted.  MY opinion is how I think this draft will ultimately be judged. 

drive person GIF

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't know if I agree.  Watson went to a horrible Texans org.  It didn't matter.   Horrible OL.  Bad coaching.  Bad management.  I mean, he is Mahomes to the Bears (but worse).

Watson was going to be special no matter where he went.  That's just what he was.  

And since they slowly lost their talent they have been losing and looking bad. No matter how he plays he can't do it alone.

Just now, panthers55 said:

No quarterback is elite on a crappy team. It takes a team to win not just one guy.

I mean I would say Deshaun Watson is an elite-level QB on a terrible team. But again, we can debate this all day.  And I'm not talking about wins here. I'm talking about elite QB talent.  I'm saying Mahomes is an elite QB no matter where he plays. 

2 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

A few of you are not comprehending what my opinion is about...

I'm not suggesting who we should have drafted.  MY opinion is how I think this draft will ultimately be judged. 

drive person GIF

And you don't understand what I'm saying.  You can't just judge the Panthers.  11 teams total passed on the can't miss qb. So ultimately no, the Panthers choice only matters to a few on here.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

And you don't understand what I'm saying.  You can't just judge the Panthers.  11 teams total passed on the can't miss qb. So ultimately no, the Panthers choice only matters to a few on here.

I understand what you're saying.  My suggestion is when it's all said and done and when we look back on this draft in 5 years.  I believe it will be judged with the selection at 8.  Keep in mind that I know it's too early to judge this draft.  That's why I emphasized when we look at this draft 5 years from now. 

I understand what you're saying.  My suggestion is when it's all said and done and when we look back on this draft in 5 years.  I believe it will be judged with the selection at 8.  Keep in mind that I know it's too early to judge this draft.  That's why I emphasized when we look at this draft 5 years from now. 

I get what you are saying but I don't think you can judge a draft on who you didn't draft. Far too many variables to consider to even give that a fair evaluation. Fields for example might bust for the Bears but might have been a stud for us. Or vise versa. And you can make that argument for literally EVERY player in the draft.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I get what you are saying but I don't think you can judge a draft on who you didn't draft. Far too many variables to consider to even give that a fair evaluation. Fields for example might bust for the Bears but might have been a stud for us. Or vise versa. And you can make that argument for literally EVERY player in the draft.

We can agree to disagree.  But I believe you can absolutely judge a draft by who was and wasn't drafted.  Most notably, the 2017 draft with the Chicago Bears.  

That doesn't change anything in reality. In the next 5 years the Panthers could draft a future HOF qb even if Sam is still on the team and playing great.  

If he sucks he's gone next year and no one bats an eye because the opportunity cost was minimal. 

But yes, those that pined for a certain player will always hold that decision over the teams head.  But it will be misguided and ridiculous. 

• Beer 1