• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Bailey interviewed Corey Miller on WFNZ a few minutes ago and had some choice comments about how he felt the Panthers treated his son --- he was pissed.

Straight out said Christian was cut because he chose to sit out last year...

...also said Brian Burns was the only linebacker on the roster who had played better than Christian during training camp.

Corey Miller is a self-absorbed douchebag and loser. No one should care what he has to say. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Sounds like a loving dad talking. Miller was my fav 2019 draft pick mainly cause of the value. He just was always nicked and when healthy did not show much. Its a performance deal. 

Yeah, he's not exactly the most objective observer in this situation.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Damn I hope that bench score was an off day. Otherwise in youtube clips he definitely handles a ball rush a lot better than Elflein

Im not a big bench guy, but that was awful low. Wide zone rewards a more athletic player........the issue is red-zone/goal-line.........which the panthers were 31st in....maybe thats the reason for carrying 18 TEs, hmmm...

Never was a ELf guy, most times hes playing a dogs fav toy role for DLmen. He looks weak, especially core-wise. I did see were he had a thumb injury that killed his lifting, but for 3 years he gets beat-up badly. Again hopeful the wide zone helps him some, his strength is pulling and out in space.......one vs one goal-line he is at a huge dis-advantage.  

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Sione Fua said:

PJ is a competent XFL QB, but that’s about where it ends.

Brayvion Roy is a waste of a roster spot, as is Colin Thompson. All three guys are low floor, low ceiling guys.

Agreed on Roy. He’s a dime a dozen time space eater who takes up a blocker so other guys can make plays. Replaceable spot.

19 minutes ago, Lemory said:

It may have just been me but I hadnt heard anything about Miller during camp. Also didnt see him flash much in the preseason.

I never thought he was that great but I guarantee Ron and Hurney are probably bringing him to WFT

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Agreed on Roy. He’s a dime a dozen time space eater who takes up a blocker so other guys can make plays. Replaceable spot.

I never thought he was that great but I guarantee Ron and Hurney are probably bringing him to WFT

When I focused on Roy in goal line, he was getting moved around like a patio umbrella in a hurricane.  It was so bad, I let that one play influence my entire opinion of him. 

• Pie 1

They like finding good skill sets and coaching them up.  Morgan--has the size and the tools, but just was not part of that Bowling Green/Florida International QB pipeline to the NFL...I think Jordan is a good athlete that MIGHT be out of position at Cincy--he could be a center or maybe he is more of a pure RG if that makes any sense....But in the wide zone, I expect him to be better than what he was at Cincy.

Erving--good athlete, can play all 5 OL positions.

Elflein--good athlete, can play G/C.

Christensen--good athlete, can play 4 OL positions (questionably)

We are seeing a pattern, but will they keep Darnold safe?  I expect to see a lot of running the football, lotta short passes, not a lotta deep passes. Sounds like Bridgewater, but Darnold was hitting the WRs in stride so they could gain YACs. 

Fitterer---if you can't pick an OL, get someone in who can.  We need to protect Darnold if we are going to succeed.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

When I focused on Roy in goal line, he was getting moved around like a patio umbrella in a hurricane.  It was so bad, I let that one play influence my entire opinion of him. 

He’s a Rhule guy who tows the party line so he might be a tough cut. At least he’s not starting this year for sure.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They like finding good skill sets and coaching them up.  Morgan--has the size and the tools, but just was not part of that Bowling Green/Florida International QB pipeline to the NFL...I think Jordan is a good athlete that MIGHT be out of position at Cincy--he could be a center or maybe he is more of a pure RG if that makes any sense....But in the wide zone, I expect him to be better than what he was at Cincy.

Erving--good athlete, can play all 5 OL positions.

Elflein--good athlete, can play G/C.

Christensen--good athlete, can play 4 OL positions (questionably)

We are seeing a pattern, but will they keep Darnold safe?  I expect to see a lot of running the football, lotta short passes, not a lotta deep passes. Sounds like Bridgewater, but Darnold was hitting the WRs in stride so they could gain YACs. 

Fitterer---if you can't pick an OL, get someone in who can.  We need to protect Darnold if we are going to succeed.

I noticed that about OL and the team in general, they target athletic profiles....yea D brown is a out-liner. Still target athletic players or "football"(play anywhere, run though wall types etc) players. Seen the panthers claimed him, I headed to the google machine to check out the RAS score...... no surprise its high. 

The big issue is coaching up this group of mis-fits that have struggled/injury-prone/young/got bad coaching/etc. I think Pat Meyer is in WAAAAYY over his head with this task. If hes able to make a average OL form this clay, give that man all the raises!!  

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1