• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

37 minutes ago, frankw said:

Man you know this situation is dicey when we're rejoicing over picking up the Bengals oline scraps.

So true.  Ugh. Glad we're kicking the tires on someone because Elflein looked bad. But it's hard to think this is going to solve our problems.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Texans are signing him to their practice squad.

That does however mean that we could still get him.

Yeah, something tells me though, if we didn't put in a claim, we probably aren't interested.  And seems weird that as solid of a career as he had in college in addition to his measurables that no other team put in a claim either.  Must be some other concerns?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This could mean that we like our roster.   Michael Jordan may not have been a great LG (I dunno) but he played Center at Ohio state as well--maybe they want to move him there...It is concerning that Urban Myer (Jax) did not take him.

He might be the backup center and not a LG.  I firmly believe that Christensen will be at LG at some point during the season.

• Pie 1

"His improved play was seen in Cincinnati’s first preseason game. Jordan only had eight pass blocking snaps against the Buccaneers, but posted an above average PFF pass blocking grade of 80.0. He took second-team reps during the second preseason game with Xavier Su’a-Filo getting the start over him at right guard."