• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers changing their strategy for building a winner

Mr. Scot

Reassuring piece.  Seems like Fit is well balanced when it comes to football savviness and the financials which is great. 

Only real headscratcher by him was Elflein IMO but it's not an obscene contract or anything.  Hopeful for the continued building of the team around CMC, Burns, Brown, Moore, Horn & Co.

• Pie 3

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with Brown and Burns.

Burns could easily fetch 100+ mill. Brown could end up commanding a lot as well.

Thats a ton of D line money.

Horn and Chinn will be interesting too but that decision is 5 years out.

• Pie 3

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Both Fitterer and Rhule seem to want to concentrate more on keeping our own than going out and spending big in free agency. 

Ehhhhhhh kind of tired of this song and dance yet again. Granted Hurney just said it and did the exact opposite in letting players walk. But he didn’t exactly sign FAs either since he overpaid the wrong players. Being skilled in FA is just as important as the draft.

I’d rather hear something like we’ll sign the best player no matter where they come from.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with Brown and Burns.

Burns could easily fetch 100+ mill. Brown could end up commanding a lot as well.

Thats a ton of D line money.

Horn and Chinn will be interesting too but that decision is 5 years out.

It depends on how they draft.  Draft well enough and they may not have to pay "everyone".   They have to choose wisely in that regard.   We need enough depth to allow for the possibility of having to let someone walk occasionally.   Something the past GM's didn't quite grasp.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

I think you could basically see that this seemed to be their plan(keeping our drafted guys and not spending wildly in free agency) with the moves we made in the offseason. I somewhat agree with that strategy, although if you need to make a move to get a critical position in a "win now" mode, I think you spend the money if it puts you over the top.

I am glad to hear that he is always open to talk about new deals. That alone makes us a more attractive spot for both our drafted guys and potential free agents.

• Pie 1