• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MHS's Game-by-game prediction thread

MHS831

Every year, thousands of Huddlers and adoring fans beg me for my season predictions.  Every year, I say "no, the future cannot be foretold," but some hot babe talks me into it.  I realize that many of you do not stick your necks out, but you are first to attack those who do.  You are about as useful as that hair I pull out of my comb every arbor day. You are that rank smelling cheese one finds in that dimple above one's butt crack.  You are...I digress.

So here you go--how the Panthers win 10 games and anger the fan base.  The schedule is great, through week 13 or so.  If we can beat New Orleans and the Cardinals in Arizona, I think it should mean the playoffs are in sight.  If not, prepare to draft around #18 and start mock drafting in late December.

• Game 1: Panthers defeat the NY Jets in a bloodbath.  Fans go crazy, start predicting a multiple win season. (1-0)
  • Game 2: Panthers upset by the the Saints and their new QB at home.  If the Panthers can pressure and handle the pressure, the new secondary will give whoever they play fits.  But the Panthers have to stop that pass rush, and I see Erving getting torched. Panthers discouraged because they needed this one. Winnable, but the OL will be exposed this early in the season (1-1)
  • Game 3:  Panthers travel to Houston and pick on that franchise like a new kid in school wearing Walmart sneakers. Fan base starting to talk Super Bowl (one fan asks another where the game is being played this year) (2-1)
  • Game 4:  Do Panthers fly home or do they stay in the Lone Star State?  Two road games, a decent Cowboys team—Panthers drop one to the Cowboys, and it hurts to say it.  (2-2)
  • Game 5:  The Eagles look to be pretty bad this year, based on my observations of one meaningless preseason game.  Panthers win at home (3-2).
  • Game 6: Vikings Panthers is a tough call, but I am not a fan of Cousins, which is why I left my first wife, despite the approval of her Dad Uncle Steve.  Home field to Panthers, (4-2)
  • Game 7: Panthers travel to the Big Apple and pick some low-hanging fruit from the Gettlemen Giving Tree.  (5-2)
  • Game 8:  Panthers go to Atlanta and take a game from the Falcons, who might be the worst team in the NFL by season’s end.  (6-2).
  • Game 9:  New England is not that good without Brady, and by November, Cam’s arm will be rubber again.  Can we beat Jones at home?  Prolly.  (7-2)
  • Game 10: Panthers travel to Arizona and face a tough game in Phoenix.  (7-3).
  • Game 11: Washington comes to town with a stingy defense and no offense.  We win in a low-scoring, closer-than-we-thought game. (8-3)
  • Game 12:  Panthers travel to Miami after Thanksgiving for a fish dinner. (I swear, I am making these up as I go along—no plagiarism)  (9-3)
  • Game 13: Falcons come to town and leave as pigeons.  Panthers win big, start thinking playoffs. (10-3)
  • Game 14: Back to reality.  Bills bring Panthers down to Earth in Orchard Park.  (10-4).
  • Game 15: Brady and the Bucs come to town and spank the Panthers for having a better record than they should have and because they have the GOAT and he still has not fully hit the wall.  (10-5)
  • Game 16:  Panthers travel to the Big Easy and find it tough to win because they lose on the road. Playoff hopes dashed? (10-6)
  • Game 17: This is interesting, because if the Bucs have the division and home field wrapped up, the Panthers could win and make the playoffs.  I think that is possible, but if not, Bucs win (10-7) and Panthers end the season on a 4-game losing streak, missing the playoffs. Panther nation outraged.

And so it was written, the gospel of MHS 8:31.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

I'll throw my hat in this ring and give predictions a shot.

Game 1(vs. Jets): 🤷‍♂️

Game 2(vs. Saints): 🤷‍♂️

Game 3(@ Texans): 🤷‍♂️

Game 4(@ Cowboys): 🤷‍♂️

Game 5(vs. Eagles): 🤷‍♂️

Game 6(vs. Vikings): 🤷‍♂️

Game 7(@ Giants): 🤷‍♂️

Game 8(@ Falcons): 🤷‍♂️

Game 9(vs. Patriots): 🤷‍♂️

Game 10(@ Cardinals): 🤷‍♂️

Game 11(vs. WTF): 🤷‍♂️

Game 12(@ Dolphins): 🤷‍♂️

Game 13(vs. Falcons): 🤷‍♂️

Game 14(@ Bills): 🤷‍♂️

Game 15(vs. Bucs): 🤷‍♂️

Game 16(@ Saints): 🤷‍♂️

Game 17(@ Bucs): 🤷‍♂️

Final Record: ?:?

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Game 13(vs. Falcons): 🤷‍♂️

Game 14(@ Bills): 🤷‍♂️

Game 15(vs. Bucs): 🤷‍♂️

Game 16(@ Saints): 🤷‍♂️

Game 17(@ Bucs): 🤷‍♂️

Final Record: ?:?

fEyWqUs.jpg.dc52fd861f0adc7ef27461e4fcab431e.jpg

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said: