• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Week 1 review - Starting caliber QB?

ChuckWag78

36 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Yes, on a good team PJ would be 3rd stringer and Darnold a back up.  

Are you upset he beat out Grier again this off-season....???

Last year Darnold was a jet so excuse me for rooting for the guy who's got a year under his belt with us, and oh look at there, he actually won us a game last year too....

And even if you don't want to credit him, the team as a whole, always plays with a bit of fire when he's in. So clearly there's guys in that locker room who believe.

Is it the play calling... we'll see...Grier gets his shot this weekend, or maybe Darnold will give it a go for a series or two, until then...

At least we have film of what our offense can look like if ran correctly, by a let's say starting caliber QB

59 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Are you upset he beat out Grier again this off-season....???

Last year Darnold was a jet so excuse me for rooting for the guy who's got a year under his belt with us, and oh look at there, he actually won us a game last year too....

And even if you don't want to credit him, the team as a whole, always plays with a bit of fire when he's in. So clearly there's guys in that locker room who believe.

Is it the play calling... we'll see...Grier gets his shot this weekend, or maybe Darnold will give it a go for a series or two, until then...

At least we have film of what our offense can look like if ran correctly, by a let's say starting caliber QB

You can say “starting caliber QB” all you want but that doesn’t make it true. I like PJ, but he’s a backup. I just don’t see his career ever being beyond that unless it’s for a team in crisis. That may be us this season at some point. But in that event, he’s still not the future.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 2