• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold , other starters WILL play Saturday.

Zod

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah. I hope it is just sore and this is a  precaution. We have made it through camp without any meaningful players getting serious injuries so that would suck.

Not to mention missing one of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Can you imagine the first game without DJ, Robbie, Burns,...Haynes...he is important also, y'all Kno he is

It'll be like losing to the jets while becoming the new jets...

And the question about having joint practice over preseason game reps becomes another question, did that contribute, 4hrs of tough scrimmage vs a half of a preseason game

Edited by CPsinceDay1

8 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Can you imagine the first game without DJ, Robbie, Burns,...Haynes...he is important also, y'all Kno he is

It'll be like losing to the jets while becoming the new jets...

And the question about having joint practice over preseason game reps becomes another question, did that contribute, 4hrs of tough scrimmage vs a half of a preseason game

I have no concerns about DJ or Robbie. Haynes hurts but he is a rotational guy on a deep unit. A loss but not nearly the impact Burns would be.

You are jumping to some conclusions that aren't really likely at the moment.

8 minutes ago, NAS said:

These injuries are piling up

There is always attrition. Pride was the only major injury so far and he was looking like a long shot to make the roster anyway.

Haynes hurts but we have no idea about the injury yet nor it's severity. Same with Burns. The rest seem to be largely just guys getting a little dinged up.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is always attrition. Pride was the only major injury so far and he was looking like a long shot to make the roster anyway.

Haynes hurts but we have no idea about the injury yet nor it's severity. Same with Burns. The rest seem to be largely just guys getting a little dinged up.

Didn't Burns have shoulder surgery this off-season? 

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

These injuries are piling up

I think there are only 3 teams that have elected to stack back to back weeks scrimmaging other teams in this preseason game schedule.  

Panthers, Jets, and Eagles.  But the other two are using the back end of the preseason schedule. 

Rhule and company are brand new at managing a real preseason schedule.  It was all cancelled last year.   Could be decent odds he might not do this again.   I'm sure when all is said and done....he will take a lot from his first preseason.  He probably will end up echoing similar things Ron did about the value of former NFL coaches being on the team. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I'm going to be very interested in the game, and to the huddle's reaction when Darnold throws his first incompletion.  This place will turn into a madhouse. 

Nothing like watching the Panthers, win/ lose, it didn't matter for the first game, why, because we were just excited to see our team on the field...

I for one was very happy to see PJ get his reps, just like some that wanted more from Grier will get their opportunity Saturday, 

And although I kid about Darnold I would like to see if he could prove me wrong....

Or prove me right and it doesn't cost my team a game....