• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly in Buffalo Bills gear

Carl Spackler

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You know, I remember this one guy years ago that most NFL teams didn't think was good enough to play in the league.

There was this one team though, they took a chance on him. He took advantage of that opportunity and made a stellar career with them. Heck, he wound up being one of their most beloved players of all time.

But then one day, he just burned that whole bridge by leaving in free agency (to an expansion team, of all things).

What a disloyal jerk that guy was, huh? 😐

I know he was popular there, but I don't think Mills was ever as beloved as he was here. I think I get where you're going, but I'm not certain.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I know he was popular there, but I don't think Mills was ever as beloved as he was here. I think I get where you're going, but I'm not certain.

Saying that while I don't think there's anything substantive to this visit, if Luke does get an opportunity somewhere else I won't begrudge him that.

He doesn't know us anything. Nor should he be expected to turn down a good opportunity if one arises.

Hell, our current assistant GM took opportunities elsewhere before winding up here.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Some people vastly overrate how loved Sam Mills is among the fanbase. If he didn't have that speech he'd be in the same category as people like Mike Rucker and Josh Norman.

2 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Some people vastly overrate how loved Sam Mills is among the fanbase. If he didn't have that speech he'd be in the same category as people like Mike Rucker and Josh Norman.

Yeah for real. He ain’t really thought about anymore than Mike Minter tbh

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You know, I remember this one guy years ago that most NFL teams didn't think was good enough to play in the league.

There was this one team though, they took a chance on him. He took advantage of that opportunity and made a stellar career with them. Heck, he wound up being one of their most beloved players of all time.

But then one day, he just burned that whole bridge by leaving in free agency (to an expansion team, of all things).

What a disloyal jerk that guy was, huh? 😐

This almost sounds like somebody else....

Tom Brady

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I think health evaluations were 100% of the reason. If he were to come out of retirement, then yeah I'd say it's entirely because he hates the Panthers, but he just spent a year on the staff.

I loved Luke.  How could any fan not ?

he had lost a step. It was obvious to him and everyone and that’s why he left because even with a lost step he was still better than 99% but not to his standards, and, of course,  his health 

there will never be another Luke, never   

it hurts to see him in Bills gear but he is a grown man.  He can do what he wants 

I don’t know about Tepper  I really don’t care for  him much but it doesn’t matter  I can buy into what he sells or walk away.   In this case, imho, it had little to do with Luke’s decision other than ancillary