• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hoskins and Nixon

4 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

I think big snack has a good chance to stick around. Heard he was having a good camp & yesterday confirmed it.

I think Bravyion may be in trouble based on yesterday performance. I'll be really interested to see where he ranks after this game in the depth chart. He couldn't get off any blocks with his short arms. I think it may be in the same situation as Troy Pride. They both played a lot last year because of lack of talent on the team, but now with the talent we have, I don't know if they will have a spot anymore.

I may be overreacting since it was literary one pre-season game, so we will see.

Anyone on last years defense is suspect

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Roy makes it, Nixon or Hoskins goes to the PS.  Possibly in a surprise move we let Reid or Jones go and we keep both.

We will see... it's only 1 game after all, but based off that one game, Braviyion was really really bad. He got pushed around all game opening up huge lanes. Couldn't beat any 1o1 at all (I watched every snap). His arms are really short (now I understand the criticism about short arms) which made it really easy to block him.

if this continues and the other 2 play well, he will not make the team unless favoritism which would be pretty bad for the team.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:52 PM, SBBlue said:

Roster Stock Report: Pre-season week 1 - The4ManRush
Hoskins was the highest riser on Sunday.

He successfully beat his blocker when in a 1-on-1 situation consistently. To adjust for this, the Colts tried to double team him and get him off the spot, and Hoskins did not give up much ground.

He defeated block attempts with his hands and footwork, which other interior d-linemen did not display in Sunday’s game. Hoskins should shoot up the depth chart if he can carry this momentum.

I was watching YouTube yesterday and they had Rhule in for an interview and he was asked a 2 part question the second question was what Rhule thought of Hoskins.  When he answered he only answered the first question and didn't comment on Hoskins.  He replied after the next question and his only comment was Hoskins has a long way to go.  

I hope he makes the team though.  Seems he has some ability.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:16 PM, 45catfan said:

Roy makes it, Nixon or Hoskins goes to the PS.  Possibly in a surprise move we let Reid or Jones go and we keep both.

If I had to guess, Roy and Nixon would make it and Hoskins goes to the PS. Rhule is really high on the former. Roy has history from Baylor and Nixon was projected to go higher in the draft. He’d almost certainly get scooped up from the PS. It will definitely be a tough call.

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was watching YouTube yesterday and they had Rhule in for an interview and he was asked a 2 part question the second question was what Rhule thought of Hoskins.  When he answered he only answered the first question and didn't comment on Hoskins.  He replied after the next question and his only comment was Hoskins has a long way to go.  

I hope he makes the team though.  Seems he has some ability.

I’m sure he’s right. He’s got the size and athleticism to he a good backup but he’s somewhat raw. Will be interesting to see how he does over the next preseason games.