• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There was one sack, 0 interceptions and 0 QB fumbles in our 1st preseason game.

SBBlue

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

IIRCC, both Zylstra pass attempts from PJ, he was fleeing the pocket.  FYI, even the commentators said there was some outside pressure in that clip, PJ did a good job to avoid it.

Juimage.png.5e4ced165ddcf9ab7270cb65738787a0.png
PJ is taking off right here.  I'm not sure what exactly you want.  But the commentator said it, so it must be true.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

PJ is taking off right here.  I'm not sure what exactly you want.  But the commentator said it, so it must be true.

Yup, the RG is getting beat and PJ is rightfully getting out of Dodge to the right.   The problem is he turned and there is a battle right in front of him so he hits the gap between backside guard and tackle before making the pass.  You do know when a guard gets turned perpendicular to the sidelines, he's beat, right?

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I can't remember the play exactly, but if anybody is getting through it looks like it would be the one interior guy about the breakthrough. But not the ends (from the screenshot)

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, the RG is getting beat and PJ is rightfully getting out of Dodge to the right.   The problem is he turned and there is a battle right in front of him so he hits the gap between backside guard and tackle before making the pass.  You do know when a guard gets turned perpendicular to the sidelines, he's beat, right?

Watch the play, he's not beat.  The GUARD NEVER COMES CLOSE.  He's tries to spin and is driven inside.  By the say the commentator said OUTSIDE pressure.  So is he right or isn't he?

image.png

Edited by SBBlue

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Watch the play, he's not beat.  The GUARD NEVER COMES CLOSE.  He's tries to spin and is driven inside.

Stop it at 5 seconds.  PJ is staring dead at the DT.  The DT had the guard beat INSIDE.  The spin move was a reaction to PJ leaking out to the right of the pocket. 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Stop it at 5 seconds.  PJ is staring dead at the DT.  The DT had the guard beat INSIDE.  The spin move was a reaction to PJ leaking out to the right of the pocket. 

PJ doesn't see that because he has already turned to run.
Sorry that guard is a mile away, PJ was no where near him and the guard never got close.  The commentator said OUTSIDE pressure, so guards are OUTSIDE now?  

Which is it?  The guard who never got close, or the outside?  

When you watch it realtime, PJ flees a clean pocket.

The sheer hatred for our offensive linemen is fascinating.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

5 seconds? The ball should have been out of his hands in 3 to 4 at the latest.   I'm sorry,  PJ is not a viable backup option. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, SBBlue said:

a0e7jjsuotyozwx4o33n.pdf (nfl.com)

The backups to our offensive line did NOT get our QB killed as some predicted.   You know who you are. 

They are both alive and well, last I checked.  PJ wasn't sacked at all and Grier was sacked once for 2 yards.  Neither turned the ball over AT ALL.   No ints and no fumbles were caused because the offensive line failed to do its job.  Was it perfect?  No.  Was it the horror show that some predicted...NO, far from it.  I don't have the pressure numbers, if anyone has them, I'd love to see, but from watching the game, I'd be more worried about their backup offensive line than ours.

This doesn't mean our offensive line is great, but I think its ok to say the offensive line was not trash yesterday.

so what you're saying after one preseason game is.... SUPERB... OWL....

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

PJ doesn't see that because he has already turned to run.
Sorry that guard is a mile away, PJ was no where near him and the guard never got close.  The commentator said OUTSIDE pressure, so guards are OUTSIDE now?  

Which is it?  The guard who never got close, or the outside?  

When you watch it realtime, PJ flees clean a pocket.

The sheer hatred for our offensive lineman is fascinating.

No guards aren't on the outside.  The commentator was reacting to PJ rolling into the DE/T battle.  While there was pressure, that's not where it was coming from.  Again the pressure was coming from inside despite what the commentator said. 

Just now, 45catfan said:

No guards aren't on the outside.  The commentator was reacting to PJ rolling into the DE/T battle.  While there was pressure, that's not where it was coming from.  Again the pressure was coming from inside despite what the commentator said. 

That guard never hurried PJ.  A pressure is a hurry, hit or sack.  PJ fled a clean pocket that was NOT collapsing.

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

That guard never hurried PJ.  A pressure is a hurry, hit or sack.  PJ fled a clean pocket that was NOT collapsing.

We are going to agree to disagree.  Lastly a guard plays on offense, a defensive tackle plays on defense, so the hurry would be by the DT, not the guard.  Just a FYI there.