• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For your enjoyment. Clips of Burns hitting Tom Brady.

SBBlue

Panthers DE Brian Burns: 'When I get Tom Brady, I'm going crazy'
link:Panthers DE Brian Burns: ‘When I get Tom Brady, I’m going crazy’ (usatoday.com)

The third-year pass rusher was featured on Tuesday’s episode of the Behind The Mask Podcast on the Bleav Podcast Network, where hosts Takeo Spikes and Tutan Reyes brought up the prospect of finally sacking the seven-time Super Bowl champion quarterback. Burns told the former NFLers he’s ready.

Burns notched a career-high 9.0 sacks in 2020. None of those, however, claimed Brady as its victim in either of the two games against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“There’s been so many times I hit him last year, and the ball was gone,” he continued. “It’s just heartbreaking. And there’s one time I did sack him, I got him down, but he fell on the line and it don’t count as a sack.”

• Pie 1

I'm so excited for this defense. Brian Burns, Haasan Reddick, and Derrick Brown hunting for the QB; Shaq Thompson and Jermaine Carter Jr patrolling underneath; and this new secondary with Horn, DJax, Abouye, and Chinn locking folks down.

If we can get solid production out of the UT and SS, this squad can be disgustingly good. I'm even more excited for year 3 once they've depth at LB + S. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm so excited for this defense. Brian Burns, Haasan Reddick, and Derrick Brown hunting for the QB; Shaq Thompson and Jermaine Carter Jr patrolling underneath; and this new secondary with Horn, DJax, Abouye, and Chinn locking folks down.

If we can get solid production out of the UT and SS, this squad can be disgustingly good. I'm even more excited for year 3 once they've depth at LB + S. 

I know man.  Add to that Fox who was ranked 6th with eight tackles for loss, and Davion Nixon, there's some talent in the rotation which really hurt us last year.  I watched another highlight video and many times they ran straight to our 2nd tier guy.  They're targeting to our rotation.  By building depth, we plug that hole some.