• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Selling season tickets

45catfan

Hey all.  I am selling my season tickets (again) this year.  My normal buyer got uppity and went lower bowl this season.  That said, I live two hours away am tired of making the trip and have been doing so for 15 years.  I am asking FACE VALUE; just under $1.6k for 2 seats.  Please do no inquire if you want to haggle.  Yes, I really will let them sit empty.  Section 504, row 14 under the scoreboard.  Hit me up with a PM if you are interested.  Again, SERIOUS inquiries ONLY.

2 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I don’t even know why people waste money on PSL. I buy my tickets the morning of game day every year. 

It wasn't a waste of money.  I got really good use out of them for many, many years.  Buying PSLs now? Yes, pointless and they will be worthless the moment Tepper breaks ground on a new stadium.  Funny thing was the team had representatives trying to rope training camp spectators in to buying PSLs at the entrance.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I don’t even know why people waste money on PSL. I buy my tickets the morning of game day every year. 

this is a good model as long as the team is mediocre or worse

I've been able to get below face value uppers in a low row on the 50 a few days before game day, just depends on who's selling and who's playing. some ppl want assurance they can get tix at 'box office' instead of paying ticket-massah or stubhub fees, and sitting amoungst the same folks every Sunday

I live almost as far out as the OP and don't mind traveling 4-6 times a year to see my guys in person, but it is a drag considering it eats up an entire day, won't get home until almost 7pm for a 1pm start

I waited until the Panthers put together a couple of bad seasons before I picked up 2 PSLs at a really low price in a good section, now my per game average is low enough that for me justifies what I paid for the licenses. If i was willing to sit about anywhere I might not have done it, but I have sat all over BoA and prefer south side uppers.

• Beer 4

49 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It wasn't a waste of money.  I got really good use out of them for many, many years.  Buying PSLs now? Yes, pointless and they will be worthless the moment Tepper breaks ground on a new stadium.  Funny thing was the team had representatives trying to rope training camp spectators in to buying PSLs at the entrance.

Maybe it's just me, but I am not convinced they will be 100% worthless when they build a new stadium.

What I think is going to end up happening is they will give old PSLs owners (oldest to newest) the first right at PSLs. I think there will be a certain number of seats in the upper deck (Other then the premium ones in the 1st 14 rows) that anyone who had PSLs at BOA will be able to transfer to at $0 cost.

The catch is going to be if you bought PSLs on the 50 yard line at BOA in 1993 or 1994 for as low as $2,000, they will subtract that and you will be expected to pay $25,000-$2,000 or switch to less valuable seats.

While someone who bought the PSLs TODAY for $25,000 (If the Panthers somehow in a blue moon get access to those seats to resell) would have to pay $0 because they've paid $25,000 into the system. 

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I just don't see any feasible way you can tell 33,000 psl owners "you're SOL" when you already have a problem with opposing fans taking over your stadium.

Nobody knows how this will be handled, the only team that tried to screw over PSL owners (the STL rams) lost in court due to language in the contracts.

We were the 1st team in 1993 to adopt PSLs, no other team has sold PSLs and built a new stadium yet, so there is no prescient yet.

Richardson's Panthers had adds for the PSLs on Panthers.com until Tepper bought the team that clearly stated "A lifetime of PANTHERS NFL football" not "A lifetime of PANTHERS NFL FOOTBALL AT BANK OF AMERICA STADIUM." 

The contract clearly states that it's only for BOA, but I'd say there is a legit case for misleading the customer. 

Edited by Chiefzack
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

Maybe it's just me, but I am not convinced they will be 100% worthless when they build a new stadium.

What I think is going to end up happening is they will give old PSLs owners (oldest to newest) the first right at PSLs. I think there will be a certain number of seats in the upper deck (Other then the premium ones in the 1st 14 rows) that anyone who had PSLs at BOA will be able to transfer to at $0 cost.

The catch is going to be if you bought PSLs on the 50 yard line at BOA in 1993 or 1994 for as low as $2,000, they will subtract that and you will be expected to pay $25,000-$2,000 or switch to less valuable seats.

While someone who bought the PSLs TODAY for $25,000 (If the Panthers somehow in a blue moon get access to those seats to resell) would have to pay $0 because they've paid $25,000 into the system. 

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I just don't see any feasible way you can tell 33,000 psl owners "you're SOL" when you already have a problem with opposing fans taking over your stadium.

Nobody knows how this will be handled, the only team that tried to screw over PSL owners (the STL rams) lost in court due to language in the contracts.

is there any precedent here? what have other franchises done when a new stadium was built in the same geographic area?

Just now, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Why would someone buy PSL for $25000? I might just be stupid. 

If the Panthers had a 95 year old couple pass away and not have anybody in their will to receive their 50 yard line seats, they are currently asking $25,000 a psl for the seats (Which you could not buy as of today.)

That's actually not the worst, I think either the Seahawks or Cowboys sold PSLs on the 50 yard line for $100k at one point.

Just now, stackofbacon said:

is there any precedent here? what have other franchises done when a new stadium was built in the same geographic area?

None. The closest thing we have is the Falcons move from the Georgia dome to the Mercades Benz.

They asked longtime ticket holders to rebuy their seats as PSLs on 10 year payment plans. Someone who had 50 yard line seats for 20 years was asked to sign a 10-year note for$50,000 to retain similar seats at the new stadium.

Nothing happened since those old customers did not have PSLS.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Didn't the Jets/Giants new stadium use a form of PSLs?  I could have sworn I remember some of those guys coming over here complaining about it because they knew we were the first team to do it.

it did, but the stadium in East Rutherford didn't open until 2010 (The pickles era first game was the first real game in that stadium).

PSLs were literally introduced as nothing but a way to FUND BOA because Richardson said he didn't want to ask the city for funding. It was one of the primary reasons Carolina got the team.

When the rest of the NFL saw how popular the idea was, it caught on like wildfire. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

@45catfan you interested in selling game by game tickets by any chance (if that's even possible, I don't know how PSL's work).

Trying to get some this season for my Father's 60 birthday. 

This request goes out to anyone looking to sell tickets this season. 

Only if I don't get a bite on the entire package.  At that point, I'll sale them game by game on Panthers ticket exchange.  Yes, PSL holders can sell tickets by game, in clusters or the entire season...it's up to them.  I'd prefer to get it done in one fell swoop, but I can go the longer route if need be.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

@45catfan you interested in selling game by game tickets by any chance (if that's even possible, I don't know how PSL's work).

Trying to get some this season for my Father's 60 birthday. 

This request goes out to anyone looking to sell tickets this season. 

once a PSL owner gets their allotment for the season they function just like any other tickets, you can send them, or sell them on the ticket exchange or sell them on ebay/stubhub, donate, whatever

Owners can opt in or out for home playoff tix (PLAYOFFS?!!), those get issued in the same manner

• Pie 1