• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

25-and-under defenders who generated the most total pressures in 2020

SBBlue

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, but that was our 10th pick in the 7th not a day 2 pick. If they knew they wanted to replace Jansen’s salary, it’s more likely the LS actually makes the roster. I wanted another OL but we got Moore in UDFA, so I was OK with LS. We’ll likely have a few of the picks not making the 53.

It'll be a good pick if he’s solid and saves us money.

Yeah, I am pretty down on drafting a UDFA but I agree that you are down in the area of the draft where it's mostly misses anyway, so it isn't as relevant.

22 hours ago, frankw said:

If he continues at this pace and can stay healthy he will easily approach 30 million per year on his upcoming contract. Better capitalize on that rookie deal now.

And we BETTER freaking pay him whatever it takes.  Burns is one of the core pieces of this team.  You must keep him a Panther no matter what it takes.

46 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Exactly and if he can save us real cap, it’s worth as much as a flyer who if he takes a roster spot is likely taking it from an earlier draft pick. I wasn’t in love with the pick at the time but with the FAs and 10 other draft picks, there’s only so much roster space to go around that saving almost $1M a year isn’t a bad thing. Add in Thomas’ $2M in savings and we can open up a little more to rollover for all the extensions we need to make (Moton, Moore, Reddick?, Burns in a couple, Darnold?).

It's gonna be an interesting couple of years with our young core all coming to the end of their rookie deals. Some tough decisions are gonna be made.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, Fitterer also used a draft pick on a LS who would have been a UDFA.

This honestly didn't bother me.

Best one in the nation, get him for cheap and guarantee 4 years salary at a position we were going to lose our starter this year or next....

Don't really like the idea of kicker either, but when you are like us, and overpay the position, it's a good idea to lock a very good one down on the cheap for 4 years.  That's how you build a roster.  Hurney was in charge then though, so roster construction was never considered.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, Fitterer also used a draft pick on a LS who would have been a UDFA.

To be fair from my understanding he was the best LS and one of the best in a long time. LS isn’t a flashy pick but it is important and if you can get the best then why not do it? I’ve seen games won and lost by the LS plenty of times. Our LS is pretty old and I believe is paid as one of the top LS in the league. So basically you are drafting a player for a starting position for a decade then it’s worth a 6-7 round pick.

• Pie 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:59 PM, rmoneyg35 said:

To be fair from my understanding he was the best LS and one of the best in a long time. LS isn’t a flashy pick but it is important and if you can get the best then why not do it? I’ve seen games won and lost by the LS plenty of times. Our LS is pretty old and I believe is paid as one of the top LS in the league. So basically you are drafting a player for a starting position for a decade then it’s worth a 6-7 round pick.

And a long snapper was taken a couple picks later, so had we waited, we would not have had our first choice.