• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most physically talented quarterback ever

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I have to disagree there. I love Lamar and would put him top 3 in the league right now. But, Lamar is Vick-lite.

Their games are so similar, but Ron Mexico was faster, more agile and had a better arm. If he would've played his whole career for Andy Reid, he would've been a 1st ballot HOFer. And I'm saying this as someone who hated Vick. 

Vick, Cam, Cunningham, Elway and Farve in my lifetime. Probably in that order. 

Lamar is a better passer than Vick ever was though. Vick had a cannon but it wasn't equipped with much of an aiming apparatus.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

George was absolutely a great athlete. It's a big reason why he got so many chances.

But yeah, he was also a colossal prick.

Ive even heard most WRs say Jeff threw the "easiest" to catch balls, by far. Shame he didnt care about leadership, working out, or building up the team. He had the hose form the gods and 5cent head. 

O and Marino was a A++++ jerk too,  a coked up one at that. 

Just now, Basbear said:

Ive even heard most WRs say Jeff threw the "easiest" to catch balls, by far. Shame he didnt care about leadership, working out, or building up the team. He had the hose form the gods and 5cent head. 

O and Marino was a A++++ jerk too,  a coked up one at that. 

Merino was a total a--hole on the field.

There was a story of a player who grew up idolizing him, then got drafted to the NFL and got to play against him.

After seeing how Marino acted in the game, that guy didn't admire him anymore.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lamar is a better passer than Vick ever was though. Vick had a cannon but it wasn't equipped with much of an aiming apparatus.

I think part of that was ATL making the same mistake we did with Cam. "Geez, he runs real good. Who needs a qb coach?" He also had one of the quickest releases I have ever seen. 

Vick made a huge leap in passing his first season in PHI. That screams bad coaching in Ted Turner's backyard. BAL, on the other hand, has done a great job of working with Lamar on his passing game. He has come a long way since college. 

I don't think Vick lacked the ability to throw accurately, I just don't think he was ever taught. Why bother when you are winning? 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I don't think Vick lacked the ability to throw accurately, I just don't think he was ever taught. Why bother when you are winning? 

Part of that is true, but part of that was also Vick's attitude.  When he was drafted by the Falcons, he didn't take learning the playbook or watching film seriously.  He changed his attitude a lot when he returned and played for the Eagles.  By that point he had his head on straight, but his body couldn't stay on the field for 16 games anymore.

If he had put it all together as a rookie, he'd be one of the best QBs of all time.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Part of that is true, but part of that was also Vick's attitude.  When he was drafted by the Falcons, he didn't take learning the playbook or watching film seriously.  He changed his attitude a lot when he returned and played for the Eagles.  By that point he had his head on straight, but his body couldn't stay on the field for 16 games anymore.

If he had put it all together as a rookie, he'd be one of the best QBs of all time.

Yep. There are multiple reasons why Vick is on nearly everyone's Most Talented QB lists and almost no one's Greatest QB list.

marlon brando art GIF

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'll just add that I absolutely hated Michael Vick as a player for the Falcons.  He completely destroyed us, and I'll never forget attending the 41-0 game in 2002.  I have never seen a player single handedly destroy a team the way he destroyed us that season.  The other game we lost 30-0.

Thomas Davis was drafted almost specifically to spy Vick.

• Beer 1