• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You’re a bit late for @MHS831 sake...

Bastid.

As soon as we made the bet, I read the article about Horn.  Still, you know what they say about people who talk smack before the event---they say, "they probably shouldn't do that cause anything could happen."

Edited by MHS831

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Bastid.

As soon as we made the bet, I read the article about Horn.  Still, you know what they say about people who talk smack before the event---they say, "they probably shouldn't do that cause anything could happen."

Picks 1-7 still have to fall a certain way for it to be Horn but I feel they most likely will. At this point it’s pretty clear which 7 guys are going to be taken. 

The only thing that could throw a wrench into these plans is if all 5 QB’s go in the first 7 or if someone wants to trade up for Lance/Fields at 8

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Picks 1-7 still have to fall a certain way for it to be Horn but I feel they most likely will. At this point it’s pretty clear which 7 guys are going to be taken. 

The only thing that could throw a wrench into these plans is if all 5 QB’s go in the first 7 or if someone wants to trade up for Lance/Fields at 8

I am banking on the craziness of this draft to win this thing....

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Verge said:

If Sewell does not fall to us, I believe Jaycee Horn will be the pick if we are not able to trade down. 

But...but...but...we need to keep acquiring quarterbacks until we know we've got a good one. I mean, that worked for Jon Gruden, right?

We can't take the time to develop them. We have to take somebody who's good right now. As to how we know that...well, we just know.

I have it on the authority of several huddlers that Sam Darnold isn't good enough. Their opinion should count for something, shouldn't it?

And heck, it can't be that hard to try and coach up essentially two rookies at once, can it?

I mean, why not take another one later in the draft just to be sure? 😐

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But...but...but...we need to keep acquiring quarterbacks until we know we've got a good one. I mean, that worked for Jon Gruden, right?

We can't take the time to develop them. We have to take somebody who's good right now. As to how we know that...well, we just know.

I have it on the authority of several huddlers that Sam Darnold isn't good enough. Their opinion should count for something, shouldn't it?

And heck, it can't be that hard to try and coach up essentially two rookies at once, can it?

I mean, why not take another one later in the draft just to be sure? 😐

I'm gonna mock you relentlessly if (likely "when") we're in this same situation again next year. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm gonna mock you relentlessly if (likely "when") we're in this same situation again next year. 

What good does that do lol. I mean literally nobody knows what the qbs getting drafted are going to be like, just like we don’t know about Darnold. It’s a crapshoot dude, I mean look where the GOAT Tom Brady got drafted.