• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DT Jarran Reed

Smithers

52 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Idk man it says we are like 3rd or 4th in money left. It says we still have 26 mil left, so I don’t see why we can’t.

It goes fast and we need to have some in reserve because there will be some vets available after the draft when we have a better idea of needs to fill. And there's always at least one surprise vet that suddenly finds themselves looking at a trade possibility.

It's a good idea to have some spending money on hand even into training camp.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

It goes fast and we need to have some in reserve because there will be some vets available after the draft when we have a better idea of needs to fill. And there's always at least one surprise vet that suddenly finds themselves looking at a trade possibility.

It's a good idea to have some spending money on hand even into training camp.

Yeah I agree, I just there is enough to get this guy in here. Defensive line would be nasty though.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I agree, I just there is enough to get this guy in here. Defensive line would be nasty though.

Maybe, but Seattle let him go, and that makes me wonder. Our other DT/DE pick-up from the Rams makes more sense as an impact player. He looks like he was on the upswing of his career and has a hunger to make himself a starter. 

Heck, we just need some run stuffers on that line. Crazily, we were more effective at preventing first down yardage gains versus the pass than against the run last season. And that's after we'd been told how bad our pass defense was going to be. And statistically, we were one of the worst teams in the league when it even came to getting other teams to third down, much less preventing them from converting.

That defense was soft.

I wouldn't mind Reed and think he could be helpful for us, especially with the Fitts connection. You win in the trenches and having a rotation of Brown-Reed-Fox-Roy inside is pretty nasty. 

If we are going to spend on another free agent in this price range, I'd prefer it be a young CB. Still a couple out there and I'm sure there will be one cut once camps start winding down in August.