• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micah Parsons runs 4.39

TheWiz

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Remember we had Gross at LT and Cam at QB.

and Beason had an Achilles injury in 2011 that knocked him out for the year.  Those are career killers.  It wasn't on  par w/ drafting Stewart. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Remember, when we drafted Kuechly we had John Beason at the time and everyone freaked out. 

Jon*

and I think you mean some people (myself included, I can admit when I’m wrong) didn’t like spending a top ten pick on a depreciated position that was already filled. Nobody freaked out, and Kuechlys don’t appear every few years.  And even if he does end up at Kuechly’s level, MLB ain’t gonna help us with no QB

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Troys99x4 said:

That's a tainted 4.39

I'm sure he is still running a 4.4 or 4.5, but it has been said that based off these times this year that this is the "fastest draft class" there has ever been..... wonder why

This is a legit point. 

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Jon*

and I think you mean some people (myself included, I can admit when I’m wrong) didn’t like spending a top ten pick on a depreciated position that was already filled. Nobody freaked out, and Kuechlys don’t appear every few years.  And even if he does end up at Kuechly’s level, MLB ain’t gonna help us with no QB

well, if we can't solve the QB puzzle this year.....solving the defensive front 7 puzzle does seem like a worthy investment.  Cam Newton wouldn't of had his success those season without those dominant fronts. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

and Beason had an Achilles injury in 2011 that knocked him out for the year.  Those are career killers.  It wasn't on  par w/ drafting Stewart. 

Completely different situations. That was the Achilles injury that taught me that lesson. I was one of the goobers that thought he could come back. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, if we can't solve the QB puzzle this year.....solving the defensive front 7 puzzle does seem like a worthy investment.  Cam Newton wouldn't of had his success those season without those dominant fronts. 

Replace Kuechly with an elite LT for Cam’s career and I’d argue we’d have been more successful.  I love Kuechly....buuuut...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Or if you had to take one of them off the team, Cam or Luke, taking Luke off the team would have had faaaaaaaar less impact than taking off Cam. 

Maybe, maybe not.  Not having Cam might have forced our whiz-bang brain trust to build something on offense and not just slough off lack of receivers and generally patchwork OLs with "but we have Cam."

Of course, if they had managed to build depth into the offense, it probably would have been by accident.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1375108475743825930

I mean...I wouldnt be mad whatsoever.

I would be mad at 8 only because my philosophy is no non pass rushing lb is worth the 8th pick in the draft in today's NFL. Nothing against the very impressive Mr. Parsons. Past the top half of first round is a different conversation, but MLB just cannot impact the game enough to merit a top 10 pick anymore IMO. It is arguably the least important position on the defensive side of the ball these days.

50 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Jon*

I’m not saying draft Parsons but none of us are fortune tellers. 

And it doesn’t matter who we had at any position...in hindsight, you would still take Kuechly. 

Ps- where would we be without the grammar police. Thank you for your service, sir. 

42 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I’m not saying draft Parsons but none of us are fortune tellers. 

And it doesn’t matter who we had at any position...in hindsight, you would still take Kuechly. 

Ps- where would we be without the grammar police. Thank you for your service, sir. 

Hindsight being 20/20 and all that, hell no you don't draft Luke at #9. You draft Fletcher Cox then take Bobby Wagner in the 2nd.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1