• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TWC raising rates

Jangler

I wouldn't know....locked into a 2 year contract with 9000000 channels, high speed cable internet and DVR for $99/month......and if I have a problem with any of it I call them and they are at my house fixing it within 24 hrs.

Just call 'em and tell 'em you're broke, can afford it, and you'll get my deal....if you want it.

I had that....I hated it when it ran out. I was trying to renegotiate a new deal (no where near as good) with them until Direct TV came out with the Sunday ticket special they ran. I couldn't pass that up.

Had Time Warner, now I have DirectTV. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Timewarner was a little bit cheaper for the channels I wanted. DirectTV has more stuff available but it goes out during a rainstorm. And in truth, I only watch about 25 or so channels, so the extra channels are a waste.

Regarding Internet service, I did get pissed off at Time Warner/Road Runner recently. The router was going out on me, and I kept calling the help desk. They tried to tell me the problem was with my pc (all three of them). This includes my company laptop, which worked fine when I took it to work. Told them I was a network engineer, and no way in hell was the problem with my pc's. After complaining three more times, they finally switched the router out, and it worked fine after that. Although I was pissed and switched to ATT/DSL anyway.

Sorry [OnDemand show] is unavailable at this time. Please try again later.

lol

yup, this is the last straw. btw...link?

Archived