• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Fantasy XIII

The Link

What is the bosses name?

He's the one at the very end of Chapter 11. I don't remember his name because it's like 30 characters long. Basically, he has a ton of HP. He'll sit there for like a minute doing little, normal spells or whatever, then bam he'll launch some ridiculous fire attack. That's what kills me if I don't have a sentinel and all set up with shell, barfire, etc.

Then after that he spams retarded fire spells for the next minute or so until he does a ridiculous frost spell and switches to a frost phase where he does the same thing. It's pretty much back and forth like that. I think he dispels buffs, but I had veil up the whole time so it didn't do anything.

I can hold my own but if I use my basic setup of Lightning as a Commando/Medic, Snow as a Sentinel/Commando, and Hope as a Synergist/Ravager/Medic, I can't get it done in time. He puts Doom on Lightning and I have a set amount of time to kill him, or else I die.. like the summon battles.

So I need more damage, but if I give up any survivability for it, I die within the first 5 minutes.

should i get this

I wouldn't. The best part of the game is the battle system. And I'm not sure it's worth playing for that. They become tedious after a while, IMO. The story is awful, the dialog is awful, and the characters are not likable.

I wouldn't. The best part of the game is the battle system. And I'm not sure it's worth playing for that. They become tedious after a while, IMO. The story is awful, the dialog is awful, and the characters are not likable.

The only company that can make rpg's worth a damn anymore are bioware now.. Square Enix is nothing but fail now.

• 2 weeks later...

I just hit the end of Chapter 7.

- Other games are also linear but they do it better.

- Constantly switching characters does get annoying, but it also forces me to play differently throughout the game.

- The Paradigm system, seems like a contrived way to make it more challenging. Yet, I'm actually enjoying the battles more because of it.

- Me and the "Game Over" screen have become good acquaintances. Not happy that I'm losing more often that I'm used to but I prefer that over crushing everything in my way.

- The story feels like it took a step back from 12. Then again, I said the same thing about 10. I suppose switching to a next-gen console does that.

- The Crystarium is the linear version of the Sphere Grid. It could had been better if there was a cap on the maximum CP a player can obtain for the entire game.

I am towards the end of chapter 9 and actually like the game. I hope soon I will get to Gran Pulse because the game is supposed to open up a little there. The only thing is I don't know which weapons I should level up.

Yeah I've blow a lot of materials on Lightning's sword--it has given her badass strength though.

Archived