• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Fantasy XIII

The Link

From what I've heard, you get about ten hours in, then in chapter 11 you get to go full open world and it's almost exactly like everything you want in a FF game...

Then you finish the chapter, all that is ripped away from you, you get put back in the halls, and then you beat chapters 12 and 13 two hours later.

I gave it a rent. Can't stand it.

It gets better the further you get. The first 15 hours is a tutorial and is very limited on what you can do.

Fixed.

I'm about 23 hours in. So far, I'd say it's not bad, but it's not great either. It's riding a fine line in between average and good.

The battles are the best part.

Okay so I skipped a bunch of "optional" missions in Chapter 11 and now I'm stuck at the Chapter 11 boss. I'm unable to beat him and I fear it's because I didn't grind.

Why grind in a single player game? It's just bad game design. I know some people like killing things over and over again with no direction, and **** off to the highest numbers they can get in an otherwise meaningless experience.

But not me. That's poor game design. The experience is not designed properly to fit the enjoyment of 99% of the population. Congratulations Square, you have learned nothing. I hate you. Good day.

I'm totally thinking about just sending this game back without beating it, because I'm so tired of it's terrible convoluted story, atrocious dialogue, and incredibly tedious design.

God dammit. I hate this game. Glad I only rented it.

Okay so I skipped a bunch of "optional" missions in Chapter 11 and now I'm stuck at the Chapter 11 boss. I'm unable to beat him and I fear it's because I didn't grind.

Why grind in a single player game? It's just bad game design. I know some people like killing things over and over again with no direction, and **** off to the highest numbers they can get in an otherwise meaningless experience.

But not me. That's poor game design. The experience is not designed properly to fit the enjoyment of 99% of the population. Congratulations Square, you have learned nothing. I hate you. Good day.

I'm totally thinking about just sending this game back without beating it, because I'm so tired of it's terrible convoluted story, atrocious dialogue, and incredibly tedious design.

You learned the most important lesson of all Final Fantasy games my friend, make an extra save of your game before you start any dungeon area!

I have the max of 99 saves. It's not that I can't go back. It's that it's terribly stupid and boring and I'd rather not finish the game and grind.

If I wanted to grind, I'd play an MMO. This is an experience tailored for a single player. Why make it miserable?

No wonder these guys can't sell games.

I have the max of 99 saves. It's not that I can't go back. It's that it's terribly stupid and boring and I'd rather not finish the game and grind.

If I wanted to grind, I'd play an MMO. This is an experience tailored for a single player. Why make it miserable?

No wonder these guys can't sell games.

Eh all the classic FF you had to grind the hell out of it in the later stages. Not really surprised its the case with XIII. Haven't got it yet, buying God of War 3 tomorrow first and then if one of my friends doesn't buy FFXIII I'll pick it up later.

I agree with alot of what you said, and even though I am a diehard FF fan, I don't like this game at all. I will trade it in once I beat it and be more wary when the next FF comes out.

Maybe you need a different strategy for the boss?

Yea I was liking it early in the game for a bit but the more it went on and the amount of times it kept doing cutscenes and changing the chars the more aggravated I got with the game.. I pretty much returned it and just gonna play god of war 3.

I tried multiple strategies from within my own head to going online and looking at what other people used. Nothing seems to work. A defensive setup is necessary or else my character is one shot from his heavy attack he does every 30 seconds to a minute or so.

If I use a defensive lineup, I don't have the damage output to burn him down before he puts a doom spell on your lead character and kills you for essentially taking too long.

The problem is that I opted out of "optional" questing, so the game is now impossible unless I go back to a previous save and grind for hours. Completely retarded.

This is not 1995, Square. Make something that doesn't suck my balls.

Thanks,

America

Oh and you know what really pisses me off about this? I didn't run around skipping every fight I could. I fought EVERY enemy in the game along this linear tunnel of a game. Every single one. Need to get some stupid chest with 1 useless thing in it? No, I fought the enemies guarding it just to fight them.

Just so I wouldn't fall behind. Just so I'd have enough XP and wouldn't have to grind. So what happens? Bullshit. Stupid game. Wasted 30 hours of my time, didn't beat it, will probably never play another FF title.

Oh and you know what really pisses me off about this? I didn't run around skipping every fight I could. I fought EVERY enemy in the game along this linear tunnel of a game. Every single one. Need to get some stupid chest with 1 useless thing in it? No, I fought the enemies guarding it just to fight them.

Just so I wouldn't fall behind. Just so I'd have enough XP and wouldn't have to grind. So what happens? Bullpoo. Stupid game. Wasted 30 hours of my time, didn't beat it, will probably never play another FF title.

What is the bosses name?

Archived