• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Fantasy XIII

The Link

I have played for a couple hours and the only thing impressive is the visuals. It seems very different for other good FF games. I will continue playing but right now im glad its a rental.

Yeah, I did my research and all the reviews say it's a pretty major departure, as far as purely the gameplay goes--I bit the bullet and bought it, so I hope your opinion changes as you get used to it :D

So far just about everything is either on par or better than FF12. The dialog is probably the weakest point of the game thus far. I'm about 4 hours in.

The battle system is great and I'm really enjoying the game so far.

You either play the game and enjoy it for what it is.. one game.

Or you either sit there with a foreign object in your anus pointing out all the things that are different from FF7, and thus making it not as good. Just enjoy it for what it is, and if you really hate it, don't play it. But it's not a bad game. Is it great? Remains to be seen. But if you like RPG's, and absolutely hate it, then that's ok. I'd just seriously question your taste.

From what I have read, the first 10 hours or so are pretty much a warmup for the rest of the game, and it really starts to come together after that. I bought it yesterday, along with MLB 10: The Show and Heavy Rain. I havent even taken the plastic off of FF yet.

Been playing, wanted to rent it first with how much it changed. Love it so far. 5 - 6 hours into it so far. Visuals are amazing, I like the direction they took with the combats. Lots of different strategies that you can use in combat. Can't wait till the skill progression's open up more later on in the game.

The battle system is so improved. You aren't tasked with all the stuff I used to hate in the older games. I'm not worried about what spells I should use against what guy, etc. It's all overhead strategy on the fly. I love it. If I use Libra and find out some guy is weak to something, the guys will automatically start casting the weakness.

The more I play the better it gets. I dont have much time to play and finally got a few hours in and finally got to the battle system and it is good. A little chaotic but good. Do you actually "level up" or is that only done through the sphere grid?

I'm only about two-three hours in, but just from what I've seen it's through the sphere grid. Like in FF10.

Anyway, glad I bought it so far. It's honestly better than I expected. I've never been a traditional RPG fan, so most of the concerns everyone else had apparently didn't apply to me. :D

Archived