• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Fantasy XIII

The Link

Mine was a graduation present to myself...acutally, the present was MGS4, but unfortunately the PS3 was a requirement for it...so basically I spent 460.00 on a game. and you know what? I don't regret it at all. :D But that's why I'm having this crisis about FFXIII. cause I'm not as sure of it as I was of MGS4

The worst that can happen is that you don't like it, and if that's the case, sell that poo on E-Bay. You should recover most of the money.

lol u guize keep buying this poo so they keep making it.

plz stop now :(

QFT.

You don't like anything after VI? Then don't post in a thread about XIII. The pre-3d FF games were all special and awesome, I will give you that, but I like the post 3-d ones as well. It's a matter of personal choice.

Fewer characters, less plot, smaller dungeons, easier to beat.

Just because the games have 30 hours of FMV that's 75% unnecessary doesn't mean it has more plot or gameplay than the originals.

Personally, I didn't like the techno-magic BS from VII and on. And the characters just look gayer and gayer every game. Used to be my favorite franchise, then Nintendo f'd them over and now neither company is worth pooping in a box and mailing it too.

I'm sorry your thread isn't open for discussion on opposing views, and you just want a bunch of fanbois in here having a circle jerk.

I'll leave now. :(

Just because the games have 30 hours of FMV that's 75% unnecessary doesn't mean it has more plot or gameplay than the originals.

Personally, I didn't like the techno-magic BS from VII and on. And the characters just look gayer and gayer every game. Used to be my favorite franchise, then Nintendo f'd them over and now neither company is worth pooping in a box and mailing it too.

I'm sorry your thread isn't open for discussion on opposing views, and you just want a bunch of fanbois in here having a circle jerk.

Um, yeah. This is Nerdvana. Fan wanks are all we do. :D

Wow. Ok. I'll use FF7 for an example.

First off, the game had less than two hours of FMV. For a game that can be anywhere from 40-160+ hours depending on how thorough you are, that's not bad.

I will accept that the characters from the nintendo years were memorable, but so were the ones post-nintendo.

I've yet to see another FF with the story that 4 had, but, to me, VII is on par with it.

As far as fewer and fewer characters go, that is a good thing. FF6 for example had too many and you only got to actually know a few of them. VII had eight characters (nine if you count sephiroth) and each of them had a unique backstory and they were all well developed. When you have 14 characters like you do in VI, you don't have much room for character progression.

I'd go on but we both have our opinions and neither is going to change the others.

I do have a question though. What the hell is techno magic?

I will play this. GF shipped it today and I have almost the whole week off due to spring break and not having to work much, so I'm gonna try to beat it by Saturday (lol).

I don't see what the big argument is. JRPG's, and japanese games in general, have really not come very far in the past, oh 5 years or so aside from technological advancements.

I can see why certain newer titles would disappoint you, because they aren't enough of a step forward, but they're certainly no worse than their earlier counterparts.

Archived