• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Fantasy XIII

The Link

Seriously anyone who hasn't played VII you must play this game, its on the PSN if you have a PS3, if not you can still pick it up off of ebay or perhaps a gamer friend would let you borrow it. It is easily one of the best if not the best RPG's out there. VII, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears three games every RPG fan NEEDS to play.

Im finishing Final Fantasy 9 up now. Very good game I must say. I have already beaten 7, 9, and 10. All of which were also very good. Might bring out Legend of Dragoon here soon, I've never gotten all the way through it, but the game was kickass.

Play FF8. Yeah, Legend of Dragoon was kick ass. It sucks that scrapped the sequel.

• 1 month later...

All right, so this thing's coming out tomorrow, and I'm torn if I should buy it--I've read several reviews, and I just don't know.

On the one hand, I'd like to have another game for my PS3--I only have MGS4, and have used it primarily as a Blu-ray player other than that. Also, it's a Final fantasy game, and everyone is praising the story and characters in it.

However, people also seem to have a problem with the new battle system, and the fact that it is VEEEEEERY linear. Now, FFX and 7 were linear to some extent, and I, in fact, like the linearness. But there are no town, villages, or shops. Nothing that made FFX or 7 or 8 great, as far as those things go.

I'm a sucker for a good story and characters (one of the reasons I adored X even though a bunch of people hated it) so I might be able to get used to the major changes--but I'm a major spendthrift (again, one game in 2 years) and I just don't want to spend 60.00 on something I won't absolutely love--I mean, I'd spend 60 bucks on FF7 if it came out TODAY, even with those crappy graphics. But Idk.

Someone convince me. I have spring break next week and if I buy it I'd have a good amount of time to really get into it.

I will be renting also with bb game pass but most Final Fantasy's are games to buy because they are almost endless. I will end up buying eventually. Quick question about my ps3 I've only had it a few weeks. It seems every game I rent I have to download a bunch of crap to play the game. Is that normal and is the downloaded stuff taking up space on the HD? Is there a way to erase the stuff if I no longer have the game?

same here

Mine was a graduation present to myself...acutally, the present was MGS4, but unfortunately the PS3 was a requirement for it...so basically I spent 460.00 on a game. and you know what? I don't regret it at all. :D But that's why I'm having this crisis about FFXIII. cause I'm not as sure of it as I was of MGS4

Archived