• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

people are acting like he'll be gone in the next 2-3 years, lol.  If we play this right he's our QB for the next decade... 

Last year we were a QB away from being in the playoffs.  Imagine another year with Rhule, a superstar QB, some FAs... Maybe next year isn't it, but Watson is an enormous upgrade, and as long as Rhule is the coach some of us think he is, we're going to be competitive for the next 5-10 years.

When you are a 5-11 team you are not 1 player away anywhere on the field. You guys really are living in fairy tale land

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Trading 4-5 first round talents + more (probably would equate to 6 or 7 first rounder when all is said and done) IS mortgaging the future for ONE player. Look at the season DeShaun just had and it still wasn't enough for them to make the playoffs. 

I highly doubt it'll be *7* first round equivalent picks.  But it may be 7 total draft picks, with 3 being first rounders and 1 or 2 starters being 1st or 2nd round talent level.

But QBs are what runs this league.  You need a QB to compete. If it is going to take us 2-3 first round equivalents AND 4-5 total draft picks just to move up to select the *3rd* QB in this draft class - which is what some are speculating - why not go just a little bit more and get a QB we know is already a superstar?

We'll need to get very lucky to sit at 8 and get a QB that is truly worth building around as a franchise guy this year.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Those need to be done for sure. I thought I read we’d be something crazy like 100 million in cap space. I realize that’s gonna get ate up by some of our own players who need to be resigned. I think we need to look at guards in rounds 3/4. We can find some good ones there. Maybe make one splash lineman signing next offseason. Preferably a tackle or center. If we keep our 2nd this year definitely go tackle if a good one is there. 

Just go ahead and quit being a fan already lol

Yeah no way that will happen. I’m hoping we keep our 2nd this year and can snag a talented tackle this year. We’ll see.

Truthfully, I have become a casual fan of the Panthers from all the years of disappointment.  I was diehard until the last SB loss.  I was never the same after that.  I stay here mainly because of the old gang that is still here that I can converse with, what's left of us.   I'm at a crossroads with the team and the nfl all together.  This season will determine my interest going forward.

Jon

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

When you are a 5-11 team you are not 1 player away anywhere on the field. You guys really are living in fairy tale land

We aren't 1 player away from the Superbowl but we arguably were from the playoffs.  Watson literally doubles our touchdowns on offense. He had twice Teddy's TDs!  How many games did we lose by 1-2 scores?  Because you better believe that another ~15-20 TDs would have changed the outcome of a whole boatload of games.

Edited by mav1234
fixed win.lose
  • Pie 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Truthfully, I have become a casual fan of the Panthers from all the years of disappointment.  I was diehard until the last SB loss.  I was never the same after that.  I stay here mainly because of the old gang that is still here that I can converse with, what's left of us.   I'm at a crossroads with the team and the nfl all together.  This season will determine my interest going forward.

Jon

E0E3C90A-99F7-43F5-B60A-B5CBB5AE28B0.jpeg.1233ad9e5c37dd7902174ab63f6d7350.jpeg

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jon

Casual, but spend all day in a Panthers message board. Seems to me you just like to whine and complain about bullsh1t.

9 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We aren't 1 player away from the Superbowl but we arguably were from the playoffs.  Watson literally doubles our touchdowns on offense. He had twice Teddy's TDs!  How many games did we win by 1-2 scores?  Because you better believe that another ~15-20 TDs would have changed the outcome of a whole boatload of games.

Watson just threw for 4800 yards 33 TDs to 7 INTs. He also ran for 450 yards and 4 more TDs. How many wins did that net Houston? 4 wins. Those stats are comparable to Cam's MVP year in which we won 15 games. DeShaun won 4. Now he's supposed to come to Carolina to a similar team (5-11) and all of a sudden they are a perennial playoff team without a first round pick for the next 5 years? That just doesn't make sense to me. 

But hey if it happens I hope the team is more successful than the last Qb decision it made. What a disaster that turned out to be

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

When 8 of your 11 losses were directly a result of your failures at QB, then yes, you are one player away.

Who put us in that position to begin with? Remember its the same guy pulling the strings and his track record isn't very promising. Whats that saying about the blind leading the blind?

• Poo 2

Just now, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Watson just threw for 4800 yards 33 TDs to 7 INTs. He also ran for 450 yards and 4 more TDs. How many wins did that net Houston? 4 wins. Those stats are comparable to Cam's MVP year in which we won 15 games. DeShaun won 4. Now he's supposed to come to Carolina to a similar team (5-11) and all of a sudden they are a perennial playoff team without a first round pick for the next 5 years? That just doesn't make sense to me. 

But hey if it happens I hope the team is more successful than theast Qb decision it made. What a disaster that turned out to be

Our defense allowed 62 fewer points than the Texans...  The Texans scored 34 more points than us, despite having a QB that accounted for twice the TDs...  Our roster is more talented and/or better coached at many positions... but not the one that matters most.  Even if our defense regresses *next year*, we have multiple years to build more talent around Watson and win it all.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jon

Similar situation for me, SB 50 took the wind from the sails, I watch in apathy.

• Beer 1