• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson has lawsuit filed against him by Tony Buzbee

Verge

11 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

it dropped

Text of the complaint would seem to indicate there are messages documenting communication between the parties.

If he indeed texted and apology for his behavior and she has that message, that might not look good.

• Beer 1

That allegations is definitely some scumbag poo, but if the apology text is all they have as evidence and the purpose is not explicit to what happened, this will be dropped quickly. Watson said he already rejected a settlement, so he may be confident. We shall see.

well, I'm glad the lawsuit was actually filed and has concrete details. if this is true then everything I said about it not being assault is obviously out the window, and the incident described in the complaint would definitely be assault. and it would certainly rise above what would otherwise be "gross/inappropriate/unprofessional" conduct and into another realm entirely.

this incident is alleged to have happened in March of last year, which doesn't do much to allay questions about the "timing" of the lawsuit, if one is inclined to think conspiratorially about this.

but really that's all the speculation I'm comfortable doing at this point, now that we have the text of the complaint. it's a matter for the courts to decide now, or, more likely, a settlement of some sort.

but for Watson to have put himself in a position where this kind of complaint could be levied against him is already Not Great, and if the details in this complaint are accurate, I'd certainly think a lot less of him as a person, much less a leader, and I'd not be interested in him playing for the team I like.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

And this is lawsuit worthy? Jesus.

Per the documents, he said something that sounded threatening before leaving.

If the story that she told is true, I can understand filing the lawsuit. And given that there are a lot of references to electronic communication between the two, it's possible there's some documentation to back it up.

Those "ifs" are, of course, the big question mark right now.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per the documents, he said something that sounded threatening before leaving.

If the story that she told is true, I can understand filing the lawsuit. And given that there are a lot of references to electronic communication between the two, it's possible there's some documentation to back it up.

Those "ifs" are, of course, the big question mark right now.

Yeah, this is a legit he said/she said thing. No one but these two will ever know what actually happened.

It certainly doesn't help the woman's case that she landed a class A scumbag of an attorney.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this is a legit he said/she said thing. No one but these two will ever know what actually happened.

It certainly doesn't help the woman's case that she landed a class A scumbag of an attorney.

Yeah, I think picking him was a poor choice.

I'd say the electronic stuff is probably the biggest deal here. If it's vague, probably nothing. If it backs up her story though, yikes!

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I think picking him was a poor choice.

I'd say the electronic stuff is probably the biggest deal here. If it's vague, probably nothing. If it backs up her story though, yikes!

Yeah, but even that isn't exactly a smoking gun. It's even alluded to in the filing that she construed it one way. It doesn't look great, without question. 

I would bet that if he is the kind of guy that she is describing, there are a lot more instances of this. Those rub and tug massage parlors or independent "massage therapists" are all over the place. 

Edited by kungfoodude