• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears sign Dalton, Texans sign Tyrod

RumHam

1 minute ago, t96 said:

You do realize them using this much cap space on a QB will piss off Watson even more and make it more likely that he’ll cement himself further in his stance of never playing for the team again? If the Texans were convinced they could wait Watson out or still try to make amends with him they would not do this deal, they’d look to improve the roster around him. He’s as good as gone, just a matter of time and how ugly it gets.

The Texans have signed like 14 free agents in the last 24 hours, but they're not trying to improve the roster? 🤔

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks told the Bears that Russell Wilson is not being traded "at this time."

The Bears reportedly made "a very aggressive pursuit" for Wilson, but they instead had to settle for Andy Dalton as their 2021 starting quarterback. Go hug a Bears fan. This report should silence any Wilson trade rumors for the rest of the offseason, especially with the four teams that Wilson was open to going to looking settled at quarterback for now. The trade rumors never made much sense in the first place because of Wilson's contract and Seattle's "win now" roster. However, Schefter's report was careful to say "at this time", so it's possible that Wilson is headlining trade rumors following the 2021 season.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Texans sit on Watson through a holdout they're even dumber than I thought and I already thought they were the dumbest franchise in the league.

Texans are the new Browns, dont forget that.. Plus the leadership down there is, well not football driven but belief driven

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’m curious, have we ever seen a player literally say he will not play for a team and then play for that team? 

Yeah. Lance Briggs, for one.

Also, can't remember the name but some team (Broncos maybe, feels like it was AFC at least) had a guy they franchised that held out for the better part of two seasons before finally agreeing to play.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Texans have signed like 14 free agents in the last 24 hours, but they're not trying to improve the roster? 🤔

Not relevant. They used a relatively significant amount of cap space on another QB. Watson will not be happy about that at all. 

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Dozens upon Dozens of times. Usually over contract disputes.

I know ppl holdout, but most of the time they don’t come out and request a trade, meet with the new coach and say no matter what you do I will not play for you etc. I don’t think Houston trades him, I was just curious. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I’m curious, have we ever seen a player literally say he will not play for a team and then play for that team? 

Not exactly but I do recall TD saying several times that he’d never play anywhere but Carolina then he went to the Chargers and the Skins...

• Pie 1