• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blind Melon

walt227

Most underrated band of all time, Ive been sayin that for years. Had my ticket to see them at the old Boathouse in Norfolk, VA. Shannon passed 2 weeks before the show, absolute tragedy. FWIW, it was cocaine that killed him, not H...rep if I could, walt...

There was a really good artice in the 'Details' magazine annual music issue. Talked about how Shannon's death went almost unnoticed with Curt, Jerry and Bradley from Sublime all passing close to that time, and how over a year after he died there was still not a gravestone at his place of rest. The band said he wasnt doing coke when he died, but he did a bunch the night before. They all went into a restaurant for breakfast while Shannon said he was stayin on teh bus. When they got back to the bus all they saw were his dirty bare feet hanging off the bed, and he never woke up...

I know that they released a CD called Nico Blue, named after his son, after he was gone, and I thought I had heard there was a "greatest hits" not too long ago...

I met Shannon Hoon and one of the other guys, Rogers Or Brad Smith ...cant remember which one. Hoon of course stands out..

The Mississippi guys grew up with some friends of mine, and came by to visit at my friends apartment one night in Starkville.

Hoon was um...strange. Didnt say much. Too bad he danced too long with El Diablo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived