• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Easy with the Pat Elflein takes

Hugo

29 minutes ago, Hugo said:

First off, no one here is a better talent evaluator than Rhule and Fitterer, so lets pump the breaks and stop acting like we all know this is a bad move.

Through the draft process back in 2017, there was one NFC West scout who said this about the player: 

He was viewed as the best center in the whole draft and was compared to Travis Frederick and Corey Linsley. The Vikings traded up to get him.

He was great for the Vikings up until his first injury. Since then, injuries have started to stack up. 

The point is this: the potential is there, and Rhule and Fitterer believe they can fix him. They know way more than all of us, lets give em a chance. 

ALSO: You never know with O-line, two examples.

- Andrew Norwell: He is not the top 10 guard he seemed to be when we let him go. 

- Darryl Williams: He is not the worst RT in the NFL as he seemed to be when we let him go. He looks like a top 10-15 RT.  

All valid points. It also depends on you is blocking beside them and the schemes they are in. It’s not like we are even throwing starter money at them.

Edited by ForJimmy
Oops

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All I'm gonna say is man, how many times did we see literally this same post made over the years about Fox/Hurney and Rivera/Hurney after we signed some dude that proved to be trash?

Well they have and still have a track record of the opposite of excellence so that's a key difference off the rip for me.

If Rhule turns out to be that dude too then so be it but atm he's not. Same with whatever our GMs name is.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Hugo said:

He was great for the Vikings up until his first injury. Since then, injuries have started to stack up. 

The point is this: the potential is there, and Rhule and Fitterer believe they can fix him. They know way more than all of us, lets give em a chance. 

I just had Matt Kalil flashbacks 😅

But I know better than to get all up in arms over every free agent signing / non-signing. I'll just sit back, enjoy the show, and hope they know what they're doing. It's insane how many go from not knowing a thing about a player to being an expert after reading a few tweets.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

These first 2 signings scream to me Seahawks.  This is what they have done for years.  Sign/draft a guy that can play 2 or 3 positions ok and move him around until/if they find a position that he fits in.  Why do you think Wilson is thinking about leaving.  

It's one of those do you want a guy that plays 1 position really well, or a guy that can play 3 positions ok. 

3 minutes ago, bababoey said:

These first 2 signings scream to me Seahawks.  This is what they have done for years.  Sign/draft a guy that can play 2 or 3 positions ok and move him around until/if they find a position that he fits in.  Why do you think Wilson is thinking about leaving.  

It's one of those do you want a guy that plays 1 position really well, or a guy that can play 3 positions ok. 

He's thinking about leaving because they can't afford to sign any other talent because they are paying him a quarter of the cap.   You want a winning team stop being so damn greedy.  

Signing players that can play multiple position.  We've had a couple of good ones in the past.  Wharton and Hangartner (misspelled?) to start with.

I am sure that they didn't drop names in a hat and pull one out.  Until they have a bad track record I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. 

• Pie 1

Well we're back to the 'Gettleman' days of everyone has to appeal to authority, and not have an opinion of their own. No matter how obviously poor some decisions are.

At least with Hurney you could criticize the Panthers decisions. Now we're back to shut the fug up unless you're working for the big cat.

So fuging stupid. How you guys manage to post so much on a PUBLIC FORUM and still don't understand the concept of discussion is bewildering. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 3

9 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

Well we're back to the 'Gettleman' days of everyone has to appeal to authority, and not have an opinion of their own. No matter how obviously poor some decisions are.

At least with Hurney you could criticize the Panthers decisions. Now we're back to shut the fug up unless you're working for the big cat.

So fuging stupid. How you guys manage to post so much on a PUBLIC FORUM and still don't understand the concept of discussion is bewildering. 

It's a new Alt!!! Criticize away just realize you have no say.

1 hour ago, Hugo said:

First off, no one here is a better talent evaluator than Rhule and Fitterer, so lets pump the breaks and stop acting like we all know this is a bad move.

Through the draft process back in 2017, there was one NFC West scout who said this about the player: 

He was viewed as the best center in the whole draft and was compared to Travis Frederick and Corey Linsley. The Vikings traded up to get him.

ALSO: You never know with O-line, two examples.

- Andrew Norwell: He is not the top 10 guard he seemed to be when we let him go. 

- Darryl Williams: He is not the worst RT in the NFL as he seemed to be when we let him go. He looks like a top 10-15 RT.  

I remember reading some hot takes about Matt Kalil needing a change of scenery to re-ignite his career too

4 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

That's idiotic. It's called an opinion, that is definition of my say.

It's like the average IQ here is 84.

It used to be a lot higher but then you signed up.

Marty is gone, and since Jerry is also done, Marty's never coming back (thank God).

If you're gonna troll, find something original. Rehashing pro Hurney takes is boring.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

31 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

That's idiotic. It's called an opinion, that is definition of my say.

It's like the average IQ here is 84.

And you base your opinion off of?  Fitterer track record with the Panthers?

What makes you think they didn't do their due diligence in determining whether they wanted to sign these players.

If your going to express an opposite opinion why not back it up with some valid reason other than you are infatuated with Hurney.