• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who’s EXCITED!? Free agency starts today unofficially!!

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

I think Carolina will try to be somewhat aggressive in free agency.  Watson aint no guarentee.  I dont see them missing out on playuers they covet for watson as that could blow up quickly if he goes else where.  Carolina would be left with notta.  Maybe go after Will Fuller, to entice Watson.

Fuller is a RA clone. Plus I dont think its Watson we need to entice....

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

I think Carolina will try to be somewhat aggressive in free agency.  Watson aint no guarentee.  I dont see them missing out on playuers they covet for watson as that could blow up quickly if he goes else where.  Carolina would be left with notta.  Maybe go after Will Fuller, to entice Watson.

Watson is begging to leave. He'd go anywhere. The Texans need enticing.

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

It is always good to have something new and real to talk about.  Really tired of rumors and speculation.

It will be interesting to see the type and size of the contracts early on.  I am still hoping the Panthers can keep Samuel.

I hope we are not saving money for a potential Watson trade...would rather go ahead and get some solid pieces to fill some holes and just move forward.

In any event...some fun for a few days.

Pay close attention to the money and duration of all the deals coming out. That will be a big early indicator of what the market is going to be like. 

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pay close attention to the money and duration of all the deals coming out. That will be a big early indicator of what the market is going to be like. 

Yeah if these numbers start coming in low we got a chance to get some great deals. Bucs said they think only one or two FA wrs will make 10-12 mil. That means Samuel could come back here for cheap and look to get paid next year?

Don’t look for the Panthers to kick off free agency this week with a big spending spree, as Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer have tempered expectations for a team that remains in a rebuild. Acquiring the Texans’ Deshaun Watson would certainly speed the process. But the Panthers have needs besides a franchise quarterback.

“We’re not just one player away,” Rhule said last week. “We’re in a situation where we have to keep building our team. … We have to be really targeted.”

With Christian McCaffrey and Shaq Thompson restructuring their contracts last week, the Panthers have about $30 million in cap space, although Rhule said it’s effectively $13 million after accounting for rookie contracts and the $7 million the team will set aside for in-season moves.

The Panthers made a $13.75 million commitment to right tackle Taylor Moton last week, and there will be teams that come out of the gates with wallets open this week. But with the salary cap shrinking to $182.5 million, expect to see a number of players take one-year contracts so they can hit the market again after the new TV money kicks in.

It sounds like this is where the Panthers plan to do a lot of their shopping, beginning with Monday’s start to the legal tampering window.

“We’ll talk to a lot of agents starting on Monday and see where the market is,” Fitterer said. “However, this might be one of those years where if you just wait and are patient, you might be able to get quite a few players in that middle class who get pinched by the cap. Even though we’ve created a lot of cap room, this is not a year we’re going to go wild spending money. We’re going to be very judicious in how we go about this.”

https://theathletic.com/2447862/2021/03/15/panthers-free-agency-a-realistic-look-at-18-possible-targets-of-all-flavors/?source=dailyemail

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:
3 hours ago, Zod said:

Hope Curtis stays

I’m starting to think there is a chance if the couple teams at the top that have a lot of cash don’t sign him. So many teams low on money that he might have a big market.

I think we'll know one way or the other in the next few days.  Even if the big money guys don't snag him, he may prefer to go to a team with a more solid QB situation or where he can be a #1 or #2 WR.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1