• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: still a chance Panthers are able to re-sign Curtis Samuel

TheSpecialJuan

6 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

The FA WR group is really deep. I don't think Curt is in the top 5 in the group. I highly doubt anyone is breaking the bank for a slot receiver,.esp given the overall cap situation this year.

That is one thing that is going to be interesting to see. There are legit #1 and #2 WR's available this free agent class. Unless there are a lot of teams that want to spend loot on free agent WR's, Samuel COULD end up being more of a bargain signing. 

• Pie 1

#3 WR is very close to a starter in the Brady O, wish we could kept him, just doesnt make sense if gets a 8 digit per contract.. should have bought low and signed him past years ago.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That is one thing that is going to be interesting to see. There are legit #1 and #2 WR's available this free agent class. Unless there are a lot of teams that want to spend loot on free agent WR's, Samuel COULD end up being more of a bargain signing. 

WR Draft class is also, no it is the best class for the upcoming draft. Teams for sure factor that in. You need a seasoned agent for this coming storm. I bet teams will be calling 3 WRs at the same time and be like "We have one 4 year 35 million contract. Half guaranteed and the first WR that takes this get it...." I heard teams calling before and saying this offer is only good for 24 hours. With the WR market I could some holding out and losing millions by doing so.

6 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Too many teams need a good receiver. Someone is gonna overpay. He is as good as gone, unless he's willing to leave money on the table just to play in Carolina.

Players are often much more valuable in the eyes of the team they are leaving. You have to remember that he’s had injuries and so his body of work isn’t maybe as impressive as potential. So are teams Really willing to overpay on potential when he’s had an injury history?