• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers might trade up according Jason loc aflorla if they can't get Watson

Panthers316

17 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Deshaun Watson Trade Rumors: Panthers Intrigue Texans QB

There have been long-simmering rumors Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is determined to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Apparently, the interest is mutual.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Sunday on SportsCenter that the idea of playing in Carolina is "intriguing" for Watson:

"The Carolina Panthers are inclined to big-game hunt for Deshaun Watson, if he's available. Nothing yet, but I'm told Watson himself would at least be intrigued by the option of Carolina. A nice, good, young team. Aggressive owner. Close to his hometown of Gainesville, Georgia. So they would certainly look at that, but they have Teddy Bridgewater as their fallback. I'm told they still like Bridgewater better than say most free agents available. So they'll look hard at the draft; No. 8 overall potentially drafting a guy. Monitor the Watson situation and see if he becomes available. And they'll hold onto Bridgewater at least for the short term and just see what their options are."

Sorry it wouldn’t let me copy tweet on iPhone. Here u go fizzledudz

I tend to agree with that. Teddy isn't much worse, if at all worse than most of the free agent options. Especially when you consider that you have to either tie more money up into the position by signing an additional free agent QB that might compete or generate a big chunk of dead money by jettisoning Teddy. 

If we can't get Watson or draft a QB, it probably makes more sense to just stand pat and build with what we have for the short term. 

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Tribuski would play the best ball of his career here if we landed a few OL and a WR3.

Yeah, that's also not a really high bar. The "best ball of his career" still might just be enough to be a middling NFL starter, unless it is a big step up from where he has been playing.

29 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Why would I? If they don’t get a QB in the first round then we aren’t getting a QB period. Mac Jones and Mond are not franchise QBs they are low end starters at most. 

Says??? 

Mac can run an offense.  He had some of the best stats ever at QB this year.   He simply is not going to be an option, qb draw, scrambling, etc.  He can read a defense quicker than most people can read a Stop sign.  He has a fairly quick release and an average arm that is much less of an issue than with QBs with slower deliveries. 

You may guess that is what Jones is, but if he is used correctly, I am afraid you will be denying you said this in a few years.  Mond?  He has the tools, the skill set--needs to put it together.  I will go as far as to say that Jones will be drafted by a better team, and after Lawrence (The jags have picks and cap room galore), he will be the most successful QB early in his career. 

29 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Deshaun Watson Trade Rumors: Panthers Intrigue Texans QB

There have been long-simmering rumors Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper is determined to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Apparently, the interest is mutual.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Sunday on SportsCenter that the idea of playing in Carolina is "intriguing" for Watson:

"The Carolina Panthers are inclined to big-game hunt for Deshaun Watson, if he's available. Nothing yet, but I'm told Watson himself would at least be intrigued by the option of Carolina. A nice, good, young team. Aggressive owner. Close to his hometown of Gainesville, Georgia. So they would certainly look at that, but they have Teddy Bridgewater as their fallback. I'm told they still like Bridgewater better than say most free agents available. So they'll look hard at the draft; No. 8 overall potentially drafting a guy. Monitor the Watson situation and see if he becomes available. And they'll hold onto Bridgewater at least for the short term and just see what their options are."

Sorry it wouldn’t let me copy tweet on iPhone. Here u go fizzledudz

LFG

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

LFG

Isnt the stuff these scholars are reporting rather common sense?  The panthers will either trade for Watson, draft a QB, or stick with Teddy for a year. 

We will know more about this by the end of next week.

58 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The cream is rising to the top as far as the 2021 QB crop.

Panthers now, desperate, would have to trade the farm to draft Lance.

Self inflicted.

Has to be fixed though. Right away.

A first and second this year and a second next year is hardly "the farm"! Hardly!

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Isnt the stuff these scholars are reporting rather common sense?  The panthers will either trade for Watson, draft a QB, or stick with Teddy for a year. 

We will know more about this by the end of next week.

I mean sure, but I’m just trying to be optimistic about Watson. So il get hype about anything positive. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I mean sure, but I’m just trying to be optimistic about Watson. So il get hype about anything positive. 

Not knocking you for posting it--we should--it just amazes me when people try to cover all the bases.  The fact that Watson and Tepper are flirting is the news, but they have to take it to some analysis that is common sense.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And you are a nobody whose opinion is about as meaningful as yesterday's weather update. It would bother me more if you agreed with me. 

I’m sorry I’m going to be hype, we have a chance for Watson. I’m not going to get hyped for Mac Jones. Nothing against u just know he doesn’t have the “it” factor.

• Pie 1

Just now, Aquemini said:

How does trading the farm for QB, then paying that QB top money instill any optimism in you when Newton, for 14 mil is going to have NE a SB56 winner?

Lol yeah right, he won’t even be playing after about 4 or 5 games. After his arm gets to bothering him.

13 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

How does trading the farm for QB, then paying that QB top money instill any optimism in you when Newton, for 14 mil is going to have NE a SB56 winner?

Of course I wanted to keep newton, but he’s gone and isn’t coming back. I thought it was a bad move to cut him and still think that.