• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

So basically, this is not a situation where 8 teams are going for 4 qbs.  It is a situation where 10 teams are going after the remaining 2--possibly 3 QBs starting with the third pick.  All picks will be given trade offers to move up.  We will be sitting 6 picks out when Fields, Lance, Jones are atop nearly every board.  Does a QB fall to us?  Jones, probably.  I doubt the other 2 do.

What are the options? 

Trubiski is free agency.  Watson in a trade.  Trade up with Miami or Cincinnati.  Never trade with a division rival, and make Atlanta choose between Fields and Lance--I bet they go Fields or they bail altogether and take the picks behind door #2.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I wouldn’t say really bad. He missed some on the right side. He’s special, the arm talent is pretty nuts but he needs time and he needs to go to the right team. If he ends up somewhere like Detroit he’s fuged.

Or the WTFs....I don't trust Scott Turner, Ron Rivera and company.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I wouldn’t say really bad. He missed some on the right side. He’s special, the arm talent is pretty nuts but he needs time and he needs to go to the right team. If he ends up somewhere like Detroit he’s fuged.

Detroit is not taking a qb, they have Goff for better or worse 2 more years.  Same with ATL.  I think a team in the NFL would be pretty stupid to draft a guy and have him sit for 2 years.  See GB and Love

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If we are going to get serious about a QB and they like Lance much more than Mac, and they probably should, we will trade up.

Jags--Trevor

Jets--Wilson

Dolphins (wild card--smart to trade back, but they could love a player and that could be a QB.  Trade for Watson?  Who knows?)

Atlanta--Fields or Lance  (while I think taking a QB now is dumb, they have so many needs and a decent QB under contract) 

Cincinnati  (another Wild Card--teams will be giving them a lot for the #5 spot if a top 5 QB is on the board)

Philly--possibly taking a QB or would trade back

Detroit--Possibly taking a QB or would trade back

Denver (9) SF (12) NE (15) Washington (19) all could try to move up from where they are. (the picks are from memory--approximate)

ATL and PHI arent taking a QB with their picks. They are more likely to trade back than grab a QB. The own of the eagles pretty much said "build the offfense around hurts"

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So basically, this is not a situation where 8 teams are going for 4 qbs.  It is a situation where 10 teams are going after the remaining 2--possibly 3 QBs starting with the third pick.  All picks will be given trade offers to move up.  We will be sitting 6 picks out when Fields, Lance, Jones are atop nearly every board.  Does a QB fall to us?  Jones, probably.  I doubt the other 2 do.

What are the options? 

Trubiski is free agency.  Watson in a trade.  Trade up with Miami or Cincinnati.  Never trade with a division rival, and make Atlanta choose between Fields and Lance--I bet they go Fields or they bail altogether and take the picks behind door #2.

10 is a little much

Watched the video, improved my outlook for him a little. Can’t affect it too much, just being a pro day, but I definitely liked what I saw. It’s still Wilson #2 for me, behind Lawrence, but Lance is 2b. I’d be good with him at 8 or with a trade up that costs no more than next year’s 1st (keeping this year’s 2nd and other picks)

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Detroit is not taking a qb, they have Goff for better or worse 2 more years.  Same with ATL.  I think a team in the NFL would be pretty stupid to draft a guy and have him sit for 2 years.  See GB and Love

That is what I have been saying, but they are sending the big boys (coach, GM) to these qb workouts. Are they bluffing? 

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

ATL and PHI arent taking a QB with their picks. They are more likely to trade back than grab a QB. The own of the eagles pretty much said "build the offfense around hurts"

Atlanta easily could. If you think you can land your franchise guy for the next 10-12 years, you do it. Having your future QB on the bench for a year, maybe 2 is a lot less costly than having to give up 2 or 3 1sts plus extra picks to move up. 

Philly could take a QB if the new coach isn't in love with Hurts. And Goff isn't the answer in Detroit. They could do the same thing, draft a QB, sit him a year and tell Goff to hit the bricks.  But even if neither one take a QB, they can trade out from where they are and there is only one reason to trade up to 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 and that's for a QB. With at least 10 teams needing a franchise QB, all 4 could be gone by 4, or maybe one makes it to 8 but I highly doubt it. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Atlanta easily could. If you think you can land your franchise guy for the next 10-12 years, you do it. Having your future QB on the bench for a year, maybe 2 is a lot less costly than having to give up 2 or 3 1sts plus extra picks to move up. 

Philly could take a QB if the new coach isn't in love with Hurts. And Goff isn't the answer in Detroit. They could do the same thing, draft a QB, sit him a year and tell Goff to hit the bricks.  But even if neither one take a QB, they can trade out from where they are and there is only one reason to trade up to 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 and that's for a QB. With at least 10 teams needing a franchise QB, all 4 could be gone by 4, or maybe one makes it to 8 but I highly doubt it. 

They are attending these pro days.