• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers reach rock bottom scenario: roll with Teddy for another year or draft Mac Jones at 8?

No other options  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Big Mac vs Lil' Teddy

• Draft Mac Jones
    • Roll with Teddy for another year

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know if some of the rumblings are true. I guess I am just not sure how you trot him back out there after this offseason. If we sign someone else or draft someone else, we would have the most expensive backup QB in the NFL and by a significant margin(possibly the most expensive backup in NFL history).

It seems like trotting out Teddy again would generally be problematic. Does he have trade value? To be determined.

I mean I’m not reading into what what Rhule/Fitterer said, they’re not going to come out and say yeah he isn’t out qb, he’s a terrible person and we’re most definitely trading him. They just trying to keep everything on the down low while not bad mouthing him. Take everything said yesterday with grain of salt. If u haven’t I posted a Rich Eisen podcast in another thread you should watch it.

The chances we roll into next year with Teddy without a change of direction is probably dictated by Tepper. He won't let that happen, he has tickets to sell and Teddy won't help that in any positive way and he knows it. I have no idea what will happen but something will happen. I'm just hoping we have a great eye for talent and enough brains to not do something dumb. Either way, Teddy ain't an answer at this point. We even sat the dude for an XFL QB. It's over either way. Tepper needs butts in seats and Teddy can't do that. The cap is wasted either way with Teddy, he is gone It's just how at this point.

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The chances we roll into next year with Teddy without a change of direction is probably dictated by Tepper. He won't let that happen, he has tickets to sell and Teddy won't help that in any positive way and he knows it. I have no idea what will happen but something will happen. I'm just hoping we have a great eye for talent and enough brains to not do something dumb. Either way, Teddy ain't an answer at this point. We even sat the dude for an XFL QB. It's over either way. Tepper needs butts in seats and Teddy can't do that. The cap is wasted either way with Teddy, he is gone It's just how at this point.

Yeah what I was thinking he has been watching and listening to what fans have said a lot. You know he probably has people that come on these sites and read what fans are saying. After not having hardly anyone at stadium last year and losing money, can’t see them trotting Teddy out there again to a half empty stadium because that’s what will happen if he is back

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Draft bpa at #8. Trade a day 3 pick for Garner Minshew.

Jacksonville would be crazy to give up Minshew for that kind of a pick. Frankly, I would probably want a first round pick for him. He is INSANELY cheap and probably the best backup QB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

The chances we roll into next year with Teddy without a change of direction is probably dictated by Tepper.

Tepper needs butts in seats and Teddy can't do that.

So you believe Tepper is making these sorts of player personnel decisions?

Panthers fans have a decades long track record of paying for tickets regardless of what kind of product is placed on the field.  Remember, only 7 winning seasons in history...those pesky PSL's are an amazingly effective sledge-hammer.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Panthers fans have a decades long track record of paying for tickets regardless of what kind of product is placed on the field.  Remember, only 7 winning seasons in history...those pesky PSL's are an amazingly effective sledge-hammer.

Boo boo Teddy is gone!

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The butts in seats results in much more sales. I'm buying my PSL but it doesn't mean I'm going to a game. I can give those to family and friends or sale them. Real easy, he makes more money with more people in the stadium.

12 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Trade down and get Mac Jones late first or early second. He isn’t worth number 8 but could be fair value later

No guarantee he will be there if you trade down. If he's you're guy for the future then you take him at #8. If you have doubts then draft BPA at any of our positions of need: LT, CB, Edge Rusher, interior Rusher, or even a LB if he excels in pass coverage and makes an impact on the run game.

If we can get Mend in the second, i'd be fine with this. If we could shore up a LT or a defensive standout at 8, if not trade down for more picks, then we gotta roll with teddy. We also haven't seen much cuts yet, but taking someone else's garbage at QB puts us in the same position. If you give Teddy more time in the pocket, he can throw it down field. We saw it early last year. Problem is the lack of protection shot his confidence and depended on his offense making plays. The other half of this is if we get CMC back and can play 16 games gives another option. WE ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT MORTGAGE THE FUTURE

• Pie 1