• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN Predicts Watson to be the Panthers starter in 2021

Big Sexy

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

In truth, I have no idea. For many teams, the ownership lets their management team and coaches guide this kind of process. Some others have very hands on ownership, or even a situation like the Cowboys where Jerry Jones is both owner and GM (I believe that is still his title). 

Tepper seems to be the kind of guy who needs to have his name all over everything. If he wins big and often, that's just great. If not, then he's just another spoiled billionaire teabagging everything he can.

So far, he hasn't been terrible, but he's been far from impressive. Lots of noise, little constructive growth.

I agree. I haven’t been too impressed with him and if I’m being honest, I’m beginning to be a little concerned. He’s said a few times he doesn’t know football and wants the ppl he’s hired to make the football decisions.

Yet there were reports that he was the one behind our switch to a 3-4, some speculation in not firing Rivera after the last game of the season before they fired him, not firing Marty when he fired Ron, keeping Marty for as long as he did, the whole “not a doctor thing” knowing full well they were cutting cam (should have just been honest), allowing Marty to be so involved with the new HC search and then firing him (should have got a new GM the same time as a HC so they were on the same page), tells us to be patient and it’s a five year process in a rebuild or something like that, then he seems to back pedal, panic and try to make trades for QBs to win now. Getting Watson would be a big win for him and the fans would be behind it and I think he sees that. He needs something like Watson. 

its sill early and he came in at an odd time and he may overcome all this, I am staying hopeful and not ready to label him Jerry 2.0  just yet. He did admit he made some mistakes which is a great thing and i think now he’s trying to make up for them. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Who is an example of a good owner in your book?

Well, the Rooney family in Pittsburgh have been great, and Tepper has a tie in there with his history as a minority owner.

The Hunt family have done well with the Chiefs since their inception. There were definitely some tough times, but there were also long periods of steady competitiveness even before the Andy Reid years.

The Kraft ownership in New England have to get part of the credit for turning around a terrible franchise, along with Belichick and Brady.

The Pegulas seem to be handling ownership of the Bills very well, returning that team to a level of prominence 

Green Bay's community ownership group has done an excellent job. While there was a vast wasteland in the late 1970s and 1980s, it has still created three distinct competitive/championship dynasties over their long history. 

Winning one Super Bowl doesn't give you a mark for good ownership, but regularly putting teams for long periods of time into the top competitive level points to strong capabilities among the leadership. Short blips of championship quality or competitiveness really don't mean much except that perhaps they caught lightning in a bottle once.

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

its sill early and he came in at an odd time and he may overcome all this, I am staying hopeful and not ready to label him Jerry 2.0  just yet. He did admit he made some mistakes which is a great thing and i think now he’s trying to make up for them. 

Jerry, for all his multitude of problems, at least new something about football. Not heartbroken he was moved out, but The Who had a lyric that was something about "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." 😉

• Pie 1

Just now, Khyber53 said:

Jerry, for all his multitude of problems, at least new something about football. Not heartbroken he was moved out, but The Who had a lyric that was something about "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..." 😉

The new boss is the anthesis of the old boss.  Not sure where you're going with that one.

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Not sure what you mean here.

Well, clearly he is a whiny little bitch that can't complete his contractual agreements to Cal McNair and the Texans franchise, right? Otherwise why would he pitch a hissy fit and want out? Maybe he should focus on building a winning team in Houston.

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

The new boss is the anthesis of the old boss.  Not sure where you're going with that one.

I think he was just saying, even though Tepper isn’t a creep, he still has some flaws in running the team, like JR, minus the creep perv, racist part. Tepper seems like a good dude and has done a lot more for this team in terms of diversity and letting players speak out on social justice issues. It’s a nice change of pace. 

• Pie 1