• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

Let me just say that I’m for going after Watson, or using picks to move up in the draft. I’ll be content no matter what with either scenario. If we move up in the draft, however, no players need to be dealt, and I’m cool with this years 1st, next years 1st, and a combo of mid rd draft picks not including our 2nd this year.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You can do it as long as you have them--let's say via trade (which is why Miami and the Jets could do it because they each have 2 first round picks this year)--but you can't go more than three years into the future. 

Yeah that’s it. Can’t completely ruin a franchise for a decade. Nothing more than three years out. Thanks for the clarity!

4 hours ago, CRA said:

his new deal only had 110 guaranteed I think and already has a chunk.  That much money isn't actually out there I don't think.   I would need to look it all up. 

Andrew Luck walked away from like 60 mill in cash sitting out there. 

Oh only $110,000,000 huh...gotcha.

Luck had already banked $110,000,000 when he retired...LOL.

If you're correct and Watson does walk away from the game and retire, will be interesting to watch --- what kind of odds are you placing on that exact scenario playing out?

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

He sat out one season. What are you talking about? If you think this is an apples to apples comparison, you are the only one.

False.

He held out the entire preseason of 2017 and ownership didn't blink.  Ultimately he signed the tender/tag in time to play the first game of the season and due to lack of preparation stunk up the joint from game-1 onward in that season.

Then he threatened to retire if tagged again the next season...

...and guess what, the Steelers never "caved" and tagged him again.

Then the dummy sat out the entire 2018 season and cost himself many many millions which he was never able to recoup...

...Deshaun is smarter than that.

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

False.

He held out the entire preseason of 2017 and ownership didn't blink.  Ultimately he signed the tender/tag in time to play the first game of the season and due to lack of preparation stunk up the joint from game-1 onward in that season.

Then he threatened to retire if tagged again the next season...

...and guess what, the Steelers never "caved" and tagged him again.

Then the dummy sat out the entire 2018 season and cost himself many many millions which he was never able to recoup...

...Deshaun is smarter than that.

False? He sat out 2018. Don't make poo up!

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Oh, now we're talking about NFL standards and not in reference to most people on the earth?

Bringing up Stafford's earnings in comparison to Watson's bespeaks of disingenuousness.

...Watson will eclipse Stafford's earnings after all is said and done.

Exactly, that's what I said from the get-go, went right over your head.

Complete horse-hockey, both are NFL QB's and it's a perfect comparison.

If Watson does bank more than $269,478,969 in career NFL salary/earnings it will be because he showed up and played out his current contract --- if he sits out a season he has no chance.

5 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly, that's what I said from the get-go, went right over your head.

Complete horse-hockey, both are NFL QB's and it's a perfect comparison.

If Watson does bank more than $269,478,969 in career NFL salary/earnings it will be because he showed up and played out his current contract --- if he sits out a season he has no chance.

According to what I've reaf, Stafford had made 226 mil, but anyway...

You just want to keep him in his place. Not going to happen!

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

According to what I've reaf, Stafford had made 226 mil, but anyway...

You just want to keep him in his place. Not going to happen!

Yes $226M so far but his new contract with the Rams is worth $43M which takes him to $269M.

What "happens" is TBD...

...completely in DW's control -- I suspect he will put his hurt feelings aside and show up to collect his massive paycheck per the terms of the contract he is obligated to!

Edited by SizzleBuzz

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

He also held out the entire preseason in 2017 and ownership did not "fold"...

...but rather, Bell "folded" and showed up to play in 2017.

In 2018 he was dumb enough to sit the entire year.

Preseason and 2017 doesn't refute what I said. Stop making poo up! You're simply wrong. That's the bottom line. Get your facts straight before offering them.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Preseason and 2017 doesn't refute what I said. Stop making poo up! You're simply wrong. That's the bottom line. Get your facts straight before offering them.

110% refutes it!

Bell made demands in 2017 and sat out in order to get them -- Steelers ownership did not "fold".

Again in 2018 Bell made demands and sat out in order to get them -- again Steelers ownership did not "fold".

You said ownership "all fold in these situations" and "they ALWAYS end up somewhere else after a season at most"...

...completely false.

9 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

110% refutes it!

Bell made demands in 2017 and sat out in order to get them -- Steelers ownership did not "fold".

Again in 2018 Bell made demands and sat out in order to get them -- again Steelers ownership did not "fold".

You said ownership "all fold in these situations" and "they ALWAYS end up somewhere else after a season at most"...

...completely false.

You're full of it, but you know that already. Preseason can't be equated to a regular season. Just stop!