• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely to trade up?

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer talked about that in this same column. Said the answer Houston is giving to all requests is still a "hard no". Also pointed out previously that if Caserio gives in, he'll forever be known as the guy that traded away Deshaun Watson.

I just don't see that situation getting resolved before the draft.

I don't see it that way. Caserio walked into a situation that was already nuclear.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that is the reason I would focus on that draft right now while the other teams scramble around for QB trades.

Reasonable, and what Breer said here makes me wonder if he believes we'll do that.

I know we're "in on every deal" but I don't really want us to be "in on" Darnold, and definitely not on Wentz.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reasonable, and what Breer said here makes me wonder if he believes we'll do that.

I know we're "in on every deal" but I don't really want us to be "in on" Darnold, and definitely not on Wentz.

I am happy we are in on those deals. What better way to test the market out? I'd rather call and find out they want some ridiculous price than find out on Twatter or TV that you could have improved for a much cheaper price than you ever thought. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I am happy we are in on those deals. What better way to test the market out? I'd rather call and find out they want some ridiculous price than find out on Twatter or TV that you could have improved for a much cheaper price than you ever thought. 

I get that, and I agree with investigating all possibilities.

I just really don't wanna see us do either of those trades.

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You can’t look at it like this. What could we have done to “lose” that game without being painfully obvious like the Eagles did (which lost the locker room and got their coach fired). We played Teddy and kept CMC out. That’s about as far as you can go without obviously benching your starters Washington handed us that game with Haskins. We still had several games left in the season to play.

Don't try to use logic with these people. They will never give up crying over that one win. They have beaten all the dead horses about it. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I get that, and I agree with investigating all possibilities.

I just really don't wanna see us do either of those trades.

Understandable. I am just glad to have a front office that seems proactive. 

TBD if they end up making great deals or not. I will say that I am very encouraged to see how close we apparently were to getting Matt Stafford at a very reasonable price. 

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that is the reason I would focus on that draft right now while the other teams scramble around for QB trades.

Ultimately I hope the asking price to move these guys gets so ludicrous that everyone decides it's best just to stick with current QB, at least for this year.  Who does that help in the draft?  The Panthers.  If the draft order stays as is, we should be a lock to pick one of the 'big 4' without having to move up ourselves.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Understandable. I am just glad to have a front office that seems proactive. 

TBD if they end up making great deals or not. I will say that I am very encouraged to see how close we apparently were to getting Matt Stafford at a very reasonable price. 

It's not Marty.

No idea how good Fitterer will (or won't) be, but the fact that we're not going into yet another offseason with Marty at the helm feels like a reason for optimism.

• Pie 1