• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow...Panther’s social pretty honest about Teddy.

Tbe

Just now, 45catfan said:

Wouldn't it make sense then to sign Samuel to a slot WR contract and find a rookie outside guy in the draft, economically speaking?  As far as production, Robbie in a new system allowed him to have some nice game early in the season, but it seemed once teams got tape on how he was being used here in Carolina, his production fell off.

Depends on his market value. I think someone will likely overpay. We never really got to see what Robbie might be capable of in Brady's system because his strength is going deep and Teddy's deep ball is trash.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

After reports of Panthers offering Bridgewater in the trade package to Detroit for Stafford, it would be weird and awkward to include him in that picture. It's pretty obvious that he's not part of 2021's plans, which is a breath of fresh air having a coaching staff that is willing to admit that they made a mistake. 

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Robbie started hot out of the gate, but faltered as the season went on.  Call me partial, but I would rather re-sign Samuel now and let Anderson walk in FA after next season.

Anderson didn't falter, Bridgewater's inability to play to Robbie's strengths was what slowed Robbie down. I saw it too many times! Romo even mentioned it one game: Teddy threw the ball to Robbie too late in the route! If he could have timed his throws better, Robbie would have been open for more scores and more YAC.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Anderson didn't falter, Bridgewater's inability to play to Robbie's strengths was what slowed Robbie down. I saw it too many times! Romo even mentioned it one game: Teddy threw the ball to Robbie too late in the route! If he could have timed his throws better, Robbie would have been open for more scores and more YAC.

Robbie's early season stats say Teddy and him were on the same page.  He didn't produce another 100 yard game after week 5 and had essentially 4 of them through those 5 games (99 in week 4).

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Wouldn't it make sense then to sign Samuel to a slot WR contract and find a rookie outside guy in the draft, economically speaking?  As far as production, Robbie in a new system allowed him to have some nice game early in the season, but it seemed once teams got tape on how he was being used here in Carolina, his production fell off.

The problem is that someone is likely to offer Samuel a contract more befitting of a solid #2/borderline #1 than a slot/gadget guy that he is and we don't need to be getting in a bidding war at that rate. McCaffrey also needs some slot reps. Hell, I'd rather dumpster dive for my WR3, get a solid 2nd rb and play more 2 RB sets with McCaffrey as a receiver.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

The problem is that someone is likely to offer Samuel a contract more befitting of a solid #2/borderline #1 than a slot/gadget guy that he is and we don't need to be getting in a bidding war at that rate. McCaffrey also needs some slot reps. Hell, I'd rather dumpster dive for my WR3, get a solid 2nd rb and play more 2 RB sets with McCaffrey as a receiver.

This. A lot of those gadget plays we drew up for Samuel will likely be going to CMC next year. We just didn't have CMC and Samuel was the best fill in we had.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. A lot of those gadget plays we drew up for Samuel will likely be going to CMC next year. We just didn't have CMC and Samuel was the best fill in we had.

I believe Curtis can actually play on the outside and he will be much cheaper than Robbie will be when he hits FA.  Heck, he's due $12M this coming season and he's our #2.   Lost in this conversation is DJ Moore who also has a contract soon to expire. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I believe Curtis can actually play on the outside and he will be much cheaper than Robbie will be when he hits FA.  Heck, he's due $12M this coming season and he's our #2.   Lost in this conversation is DJ Moore who also has a contract soon to expire. 

I don't think so. His production took a big jump once we signed a legit outside WR so that he could primarily operate out of the slot. He never looked comfortable on the outside IMO.