• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rotoworld: Teddy is done in Carolina

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

your mind is made up it appears. There are many options at play for us. Just going to have to let it all play out.

what are some of the many options outside of moving up in the draft?   I concede other teams have there own version of Teddy B that they too want to get rid of because they aren't the answer. 

I just think in the end, Carolina likely could of played the PR aspect of Teddy better.....that way we could of rolled with him if needed.  I view rolling with Teddy as better big picture option than bringing someone else is isn't a long term solution. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

what are some of the many options outside of moving up in the draft?   I concede other teams have there own version of Teddy B that they too want to get rid of because they aren't the answer. 

I just think in the end, Carolina likely could of played the PR aspect of Teddy better.....that way we could of rolled with him if needed.  I view rolling with Teddy as better big picture option than bringing someone else is isn't a long term solution. 

No disrespect, but there is about 1480712389 threads on this forum discussing QB options. To avoid having the same conversation, I'd suggest checking those threads. There are some really good inputs in those threads. Here is one to start on:

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

If another long-term solution isn't on the table I'd gladly take another average QB who at least has the potential to be explosive/work some magic. 'm not saying I have an answer and I trust the FO to do their jobs and find someone, but if it's another year of Teddy that will be very, very disheartening to see. 

With respect to PR I agree 100%. I've said it in other threads but after how things have been handled I don't know how the team could attempt to trot him out again with any semblance of positive sentiment.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

No disrespect, but there is about 1480712389 threads on this forum discussing QB options. To avoid having the same conversation, I'd suggest checking those threads. There are some really good inputs in those threads. Here is one to start on:

None taken.  Again, I conceded other teams have Teddy's.  Who would are just as eager to part with them as we are our Teddy.  We already pay a Teddy to keep a spot warm for the future.  

Point I am largely making is Carolina this offseason is doing a poor job with the Teddy PR.   If bad PR is why Teddy can't be the dude in 2021 you paid him to be.....and that would have been the best big picture option?  Seems like an easily avoidable problem and one we created. 

Meh, we will play musical chairs with another backup QB before bringing back Teddy. He has no future here. It will be fun seeing some of the dead weight on this roster getting dumped this year. KK, Teddy and I bet a few surprise moves. Exciting times. 

6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

If another long-term solution isn't on the table I'd gladly take another average QB who at least has the potential to be explosive/work some magic. 'm not saying I have an answer and I trust the FO to do their jobs and find someone, but if it's another year of Teddy that will be very, very disheartening to see. 

With respect to PR I agree 100%. I've said it in other threads but after how things have been handled I don't know how the team could attempt to trot him out again with any semblance of positive sentiment.

my issue is simply the money.  We paid Teddy too much.  I don't want to pay another version of Teddy (that happens to throw it downfield but is just pointless in the grand scheme). 

but I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Teddy play football.  I'm definitely more a fan of the Delhomme/Cam mindset for a QB. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Meh, we will play musical chairs with another backup QB before bringing back Teddy. He has no future here. It will be fun seeing some of the dead weight on this roster getting dumped this year. KK, Teddy and I bet a few surprise moves. Exciting times. 

Teddy has a 20 million dead cap hit next year. 

Hurney magic. 

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

None taken.  Again, I conceded other teams have Teddy's.  Who would are just as eager to part with them as we are our Teddy.  We already pay a Teddy to keep a spot warm for the future.  

Point I am largely making is Carolina this offseason is doing a poor job with the Teddy PR.   If bad PR is why Teddy can't be the dude in 2021 you paid him to be.....and that would have been the best big picture option?  Seems like an easily avoidable problem and one we created. 

I get that. Then again, not much they could do after the failed trade results came out. Rams were pretty blunt about their QB situation to the public and they were still able to offload their QB. TB isnt going to be hard to bake into a deal, especially to a team with cap space. He is a one year rental with a small dead cap hit if (when) cut next year.

Edited by TheCasillas

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

my issue is simply the money.  We paid Teddy too much.  I don't want to pay another version of Teddy (that happens to throw it downfield but is just pointless in the grand scheme). 

but I'd rather watch paint dry than watch Teddy play football.  I'm definitely more a fan of the Delhomme/Cam mindset for a QB. 

If we miss on a better option then the money doesn't matter. June 1st Ted and sign another backup with the leftovers. Its a matter of movement. You can't keep a 'winning culture' if you do what already didn't work. Keeping Teddy is equivalent of not trying to win next year, even if the other had bad odds at least it is trying. This pot is going to get stirred.

• Pie 1