• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, Teddy can't start.

Zod

From Rapoport:

During trade talks to try to acquire Matthew Stafford, the Carolina Panthers made a serious offer to the Lions of their eighth overall pick, a fifth-round pick and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, per league sources. Detroit opted to take the Rams offer. Carolina still looking.

This news pretty much conveys zero confidence in Teddy from the franchise. Once that is out there, it can't go back.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

What did they think he could do when they signed him? 99% of us knew he was not the answer. I just don’t get it. We could have just sucked it up, trotted out Grier, lost almost every game, and cemented a top pick. Now we are stuck in no mans land. 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Pie 3

Hopefully Teddy is not that dense that the news that he was involved in a trade for Stafford, a guy who's career and production massively dwarfs his own is some "shake me to my core" shocking revelation after everything else the organization has said and done this offseason. I mean if it does, oh boy, he has to be the most obtuse person on the planet. But I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think this news changes a thing. It also doesn't exclude the very real possibility of Teddy starting week 1, particularly if we draft a guy like Lance.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

What did they think he could do when they signed him? 99% of us knew he was not the answer. I just don’t get it. We could have just sucked it up, trotted out Grier, lost almost every game, and cemented a top pick. Now we are stuck in no mans land. 

This. It's what I've been saying for awhile. None of this is Teddy's fault. Teddy was for us what he's always been. It's 100% on us for evidently expecting him to be something that he's not and that there was ample NFL evidence against him being.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1