• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Multiple Teams have reached out to the Jets about Darnold"

ncfan

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we are an analytics franchise then trust the numbers that a guy will be there at 8.  It would be a statistical abnormally if 4 went in 7 picks.  Even so, if it happened then the value of pick 8 would absolutely sky rocket as there would be the top prospect for just about every other position. 

It would also be Statistically abnormal for

Stafford to go for 2 1sts and Goff (funny 99% of the people saying 4 QBs wont go in the top 7 are the ones who said no way Detroit would get a 1st for Stafford, well theh got 2 And Goff)

It's a Statistically Abnormal for the Eagle's to get a 1sts for Wentz, especially conisdering he has one of the worst contracts in the NFL.  Yet apparently they are going to get more.

It's a Statistically Abnormal for more than 8 QB changes across the league in 1 offseason.  And guys who are plugged into the league like Rapaport and Schefter are predicting 18 or more off what they are hearing.

Just now, ncfan said:

It would also be Statistically abnormal for

Stafford to go for 2 1sts and Goff (funny 99% of the people saying 4 QBs wont go in the top 7 are the ones who said no way Detroit would get a 1st for Stafford, well theh got 2 And Goff)

It's a Statistically Abnormal for the Eagle's to get a 1sts for Wentz, especially conisdering he has one of the worst contracts in the NFL.  Yet apparently they are going to get more.

It's a Statistically Abnormal for more than 8 QB changes across the league in 1 offseason.  And guys who are plugged into the league like Rapaport and Schefter are predicting 18 or more off what they are hearing.

That has zero to do with my post. 

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep pick a guy, have the patience and infrastructure to develop him and reap rewards.  Stick at 8 and pick lance.

Yup... we already know what those 'other' QB's are about that have been in the league for more than a year. Like we're going to magically transform them.. I'll take my shot with a calculated pick...Lance.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The falcons are NOT going to pick a QB. It is not even close to the the needs of that team. Plus the team has been pretty vocal about Ryan and Julio. 

https://bloggingdirty.com/2021/02/01/atlanta-falcons-arent-drafting-qb/

It's lying season.

Rhule was pretty vocal about Cam last year.

And new staff isnt going to want to start a rebuild long term with Ryan and his contract.  They wont be drafting in that QB spot the next 3-4 years so likely they take a QB.

If Not, they will be shopping.  Especially with the amount of teams gunning for a QB this offseason.  And you think a Division rival is going to trade with us to get a QB? No.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Why does it feel like us going after every trade is just them throwing poo at the wall until somthing sticks and not any calculated plan at all?

If the plan involves going after all trades and that is what they are calling aggressive, it sure sounds as if they plan on losing out on multiple trades--as if the plan to be aggressive is to low ball.

I have never seen such a fervor over QBs as I have this season.   I would not be surprised if the top 4 QBs are gone by Atlanta.  Jones gone by 15.  Now, that will free up Tua, Darnold, (I doubt Ryan leaves--contract).  That is it.  So you have a Darnold, possibly a Trubiski, Tua, and maybe some other free agent like a Goff--and even these QBs are getting trade attention---but has NOBODY asked about Teddy? No-

Teddy needs to be the highest paid backup in the league next year; I see him starting some games if we bring in a young guy.

About Darnold for all of you who are saying NOPE, based on what you saw in NY.  He is 23 years old.  He has been in a crap system playing for a crappy coach.  He had little support.   Any rookie you bring in probably would have struggled in that situation.  Darnold is a year or two older than the rookies.  Finally, I said this in another post---look at Josh Allen's stats during his first few years.  Very comparable.  Think Tanneyhill.  Does this mean I want him?  Not really, but it does mean that I do not eliminate him because he has struggled for 3 years on a very bad team.  If you step back and look at stats, most successful QBs play on successful teams.  We credit the QB, but few really good QBs play on really bad teams.  You need the team.  Darnold may be a bust, but he may be in a bad situation too.

Edited by MHS831

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

It's lying season.

Rhule was pretty vocal about Cam last year.

And new staff isnt going to want to start a rebuild long term with Ryan and his contract.  They wont be drafting in that QB spot the next 3-4 years so likely they take a QB.

If Not, they will be shopping.  Especially with the amount of teams gunning for a QB this offseason.  And you think a Division rival is going to trade with us to get a QB? No.

for someone who knows very little about whats happening in that franchise, you sound so certain. For this, I disagree. Falcons will trade back before selecting a QB. If they are smart, they stay put and draft an extremly talented defensive player.

• Pie 1

Darnold and Minshew are two guys I’d be ok flinging at the wall hoping they stick.

Both have shown good things, both are young and both are in terrible situations.

Minshew has some lower body mechanic issues that if corrected, could lead to a successful career. He has dropped some absolute dimes over the last couple of seasons and is great when the play breakdowns

As far as Darnold goes, he deserves a chance that doesn’t involve Adam Gase anywhere near the situation

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

If the plan involves going after after trade and that is what they are calling aggressive, it sure sounds as if they plan on losing out on multiple trades--as if the plan to be aggressive is to low ball.

I have never seen such a fervor over QBs as I have this season.   I would not be surprised if the top 4 QBs are gone by Atlanta.  Jones gone by 15.  Now, that will free up Tua, Darnold, (I doubt Ryan leaves--contract).  That is it.  So you have a Darnold, possibly a Trubiski, Tua, and maybe some other free agent like a Goff--and even these QBs are getting trade attention---but has NOBODY asked about Teddy? No-

Teddy needs to be the highest paid backup in the league next year; I see him starting some games if we bring in a young guy.

About Darnold for all of you who are saying NOPE, based on what you saw in NY.  He is 23 years old.  He has been in a crap system playing for a crappy coach.  He had little support.   Any rookie you bring in probably would have struggled in that situation.  Darnold is a year or two older than the rookies.  Finally, I said this in another post---look at Josh Allen's stats during his first few years.  Very comparable.  Think Tanneyhill.  Does this mean I want him?  Not really, but it does mean that I do not eliminate him because he has struggled for 3 years on a very bad team.  If you step back and look at stats, most successful QBs play on successful teams.  We credit the QB, but few really good QBs play on really bad teams.  You need the team.  Darnold may be a bust, but he may be in a bad situation too.

What could the fins get for Tua?  I throw our 2nd for him

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That has zero to do with my post. 

It has 100% to do with your post.

You said the odds of of 4 QBs going off the board before 8 seems low.

Then i showed you other QB scenarios that would be deemed just as low if now lower that have already or about to happen.   

I showed you direct comments from guys plugged into the league who are predicting massive QB shake up this year.  Which most likely throws that # of QBs going ____ out the window.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

for someone who knows very little about whats happening in that franchise, you sound so certain. For this, I disagree. Falcons will trade back before selecting a QB. If they are smart, they stay put and draft an extremly talented defensive player.

There biggest need is corner and they have their pick on two really really good ones.  I personally think surtain is freaking sick

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yes i am not "plugged into" that "franchise"

But I live and breathe draft season and read and to subscribe to a lot of things writen by guys plugged into the league, and former scouts who still have connections in the league.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

It has 100% to do with your post.

You said the odds of of 4 QBs going off the board before 8 seems low.

Then i showed you other QB scenarios that would be deemed just as low if now lower that have already or about to happen.   

I showed you direct comments from guys plugged into the league who are predicting massive QB shake up this year.  Which most likely throws that # of QBs going ____ out the window.

Qbs moving has nothing to do with the draft ahead of us. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I have been saying this, although I read so much about them taking a QB, I wonder if they will. On paper, a QB now makes no sense.