• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up with Dolphins seems the most likely at this point

AU-panther

47 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Then you might be stuck with Teddy.  I think everyone needs to realize that is still a real possibility.  At 8 we are definitely at the mercy of other teams.

When it is all said and done it might be the best option, I could see us overpaying. 

At that point do they roll with Teddy or release him and tank with Grier?

My preference would be to tank with Grier. But considering we were one late season W away from a proper tanking this year I can't see Rhule doing it.

I think there is a strong possibility the new regime in Atlanta says we're sticking with Ryan because we've got a lot of talent on the team, it's just been horribly managed.

Meaning they could be very likely to trade back and get a slew of picks to stock the team for a run sooner rather than later....and the team they trade with will give up a lot because they want...a quarterback.

That's about the worst situation we can be in....Falcons get better, and we don't get a QB.

19 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

I think there is a strong possibility the new regime in Atlanta says we're sticking with Ryan because we've got a lot of talent on the team, it's just been horribly managed.

Meaning they could be very likely to trade back and get a slew of picks to stock the team for a run sooner rather than later....and the team they trade with will give up a lot because they want...a quarterback.

That's about the worst situation we can be in....Falcons get better, and we don't get a QB.

I think there's a good chance that they stick with Ryan, but not so sure they'd trade back. They'd basically have their pick of non-qb's. grabbing the best pass-rusher, OT, CB, WR would be awfully tempting. I'm also sure that Ryan would love to have Pitts as a weapon. 

Them trading witha a QB needy team would be about as bad as it could get for us though.

• Pie 1

Yay let’s trade up to the spot we would have been if we’d just lost to washington

what a depressing thing to think about

I’m fully against trading up. Stay out and hope a guy you like falls, or trade back and continue building up the team. Honestly wouldn’t mind if they went heavy on OL and defense and stacked the roster 

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My preference would be to tank with Grier. But considering we were one late season W away from a proper tanking this year I can't see Rhule doing it.

I agree, feels like QB purgatory.

Hence the reason I think we are going to pay a premium to get Watson or one of the top 3 QBs on their board.

My dream prioritization list:

1. Trade for Deshaun Watson (unlikely but give it a shot)

2. Trade w/NYJ to #2 (or) MIA #3 for Zach Wilson/Justin Fields (slightly less likely but give it a shot)

3. Trade with PHI for #6 to get Trey Lance ahead of DET and other trade-up teams. I've really come around on Lance.  (This is my current realistic trade up if he's available at #6) We give up our 3rd+22'4th, or see if he falls to 8.

4. Take a stab at PJ Walker or a new young QB.  Darnold? Positions us for 2022.

--

All scenarios involve Teddy either being part of a trade or cut post-June 1st.

Edited by davos
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, DCR said:

There is no guarantee any of these Quarterback prospects in the draft are better than Teddy.

They were willing to trade for a proven NFL Quarterback in Stafford.

I think the price would be too high for Watson , we are more likely to trade down than trade up.

There’s about 5 QBs in this draft better than Teddy. 

• Pie 1

We’re not moving CMC to move up for a rookie QB. I could see it for Watson, but not for a rookie. I also don’t think next years first is worth that low. It’s less than this years obviously but not less than our second round pick. I’d say it’s worth around pick 32 or 33, since we’re picking so high this year and common thought would be that we’re going to pick pretty high again next year. I’d offer this year’s first and second and next year’s second. Maybe throw in a second tier player if need be, like Shaq (lol if only).  Maybe even Robbie, but doubtful considering his connection with Rhule.  Possibly Samuel, though I’d hate that more than Robbie to be honest. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

Posted this in another thread

We are probably going to have to trade up to GUARANTEE a QB is the pick now, however with the Stafford trade I think it is more likely Lance falls to 8. Who do I think we might trade with? The Bengals at 5 are VERY interesting. 

Per this draft chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

The capital to move up from 8 to 5 isn't that bad. It would take basically 8th overall, a third and fourth rounder. Let's say the Panthers bet on being better next year, so we trade: 8th, third this year, and a future fourth for 5. 

Here's why this is interesting. Let's assume no one bites on the Jets mega offer and they take Wilson at 2. The Dolphins again will want a king's ransom. Again if no one bites they're forced to take the guy they want (Devonta) at 3. Falcons are interesting because I really have no idea what they do but it is conceivable they DONT go QB because Matt Ryan's deal is an absolute albatross and the worst I've ever seen. 

Suddenly, the fifth pick has Fields and Lance (pick your player). Panthers give the Bengals a chance to still get Sewell/Slater at 8 more than the Colts or 9ers would be able to provide. 

Also you can bet your bottom dollar Fitts is trading back in the second round in this scenario above to reaquire some of the capital it took to move up to 5. Let's say with the WFT who is going to be itching to take their "Greg Little, Everrette Brown" first rounder who is in the second all of a sudden.

This.is for the folks who think our coaches and GM don't know what they are doing. 

Yes, Rhule was brought in to change our culture,  and to build a perennial winner. 

Yes, both him and Tepper said to have patience. 

That doesn't mean that their not trying to get the center piece as soon as possible.  The sooner you have a franchise QB, the better it aids in building that perennial winner. 

I feel it's pretty obvious they aren't scared of doing what it takes to get the one they feel can do that.  Their top 10 choices may not, probably not look like yours or mine. 

It's a long off season, and it's going to be entertaining to watch it unfold, and watch the huddle freak out at every turn.