• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How close did the Panthers come to getting Stafford? Dang close.

Zod

14 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I know more than half. If you think I know nothing you’re mistaken. There’s a reason you won’t see certain people claim I know nothing because they know where my connection points are. 

While I'm sure you're entertained by stroking your own ego, you are doing nothing but proven my own opinion on you, to be spot on. 

God Bless. 

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....listen, I get that but trading the farm for a POTENTIAL franchise QB isn't really logical. I don't know that I see a lot of teams being THAT level of desperate. 

It all depends on if you think he's the guy. If we want Wilson we may have to try for 2. Still I think the price this year is a bit rich. I'd like to keep our picks and build our line. A trade back IMO would be ideal if the QBs we want are gone. 

I would actually be interested in bringing in Winston on the cheap. He's proven he can make the throws albeit his decision making has been poor with the amount of interceptions he has thrown. He's an interesting option that could possibly be improved. If so, we could build our line and add another receiver, and take a little time to find the right QB. 

I know it's not a popular option, but IF and it's a big if, he could work out some of the decision making issues, he would be an upgrade over T2G. 

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It all depends on if you think he's the guy. If we want Wilson we may have to try for 2. Still I think the price this year is a bit rich. I'd like to keep our picks and build our line. A trade back IMO would be ideal if the QBs we want are gone. 

I would actually be interested in bringing in Winston on the cheap. He's proven he can make the throws albeit his decision making has been poor with the amount of interceptions he has thrown. He's an interesting option that could possibly be improved. If so, we could build our line and add another receiver, and take a little time to find the right QB. 

I know it's not a popular option, but IF and it's a big if, he could work out some of the decision making issues, he would be an upgrade over T2G. 

I am reticent to trade back unless our LT or CB or even WR options are exhausted, as well. I really, REALLY want to snag one of the top two LT's if we can't land one of these top 4 QB's. 

You know, I have long been a fan of Winston but I will say that what happened in New Orleans really gave me pause moving forward. I cannot wrap my head around starting a backup TE and special teams player as your starting QB instead of a guy like Winston. Keep in mind, this was the staff that started Teddy Bridgewater over The Golden Calf of Bristol 2.0 in 2019. 

That really has me scratching my head. I haven't heard anything about why he is relegated to #3 when he is obviously more talented than Tisom Hebow. I just cannot figure that one out. Wish we heard more about why that was the case. 

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am reticent to trade back unless our LT or CB or even WR options are exhausted, as well. I really, REALLY want to snag one of the top two LT's if we can't land one of these top 4 QB's. 

You know, I have long been a fan of Winston but I will say that what happened in New Orleans really gave me pause moving forward. I cannot wrap my head around starting a backup TE and special teams player as your starting QB instead of a guy like Winston. Keep in mind, this was the staff that started Teddy Bridgewater over The Golden Calf of Bristol 2.0 in 2019. 

That really has me scratching my head. I haven't heard anything about why he is relegated to #3 when he is obviously more talented than Tisom Hebow. I just cannot figure that one out. Wish we heard more about why that was the case. 

I thought about Hill too and here's what I came up with. There's no real game tape on him as a QB. He's more familiar with the system than Winston, has actually run plays in games in the offense, but theres no tape. For 3 or 4 games, that was probably going to get it done, similar to Allan here. Any longer, and I think we would have seen Winston.

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I thought about Hill too and here's what I came up with. There's no real game tape on him as a QB. He's more familiar with the system than Winston, has actually run plays in games in the offense, but theres no tape. For 3 or 4 games, that was probably going to get it done, similar to Allan here. Any longer, and I think we would have seen Winston.

But....he.....fuging.....SUCKS. I don't get it. 

Stafford would’ve been great for us at the cost of a 1st and a 3rd why not. The only questions is what would they have done with TB this year. Good to see they are aware that we are a QB away from being a fringe playoff team. Now i hope they take that energy and invest it in the OL to go along with their drive to obtain a better signal caller. 

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But....he.....fuging.....SUCKS. I don't get it. 

He does suck.  But from Payton's position he probably was less of a risk.  They didn't have a lot of room for era.  When in doubt Hill likely tries to make something happen with his legs.  When in doubt....Winston does have a habit for poor decisions downfield.  Think Winston was probably too high risk/high reward for the moment.   Saints had a decent D and ground attack.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He does suck.  But from Payton's position he probably was less of a risk.  They didn't have a lot of room for era.  When in doubt Hill likely tries to make something happen with his legs.  When in doubt....Winston does have a habit for poor decisions downfield.  Think Winston was probably too high risk/high reward for the moment.   Saints had a decent D and ground attack.  

IDK, they brought him in to save Drew Brees from having to throw a long pass. Like I said, it's a mystery. People crush Winston for that 30 INT year but his INT's were not at a ridiculous level until 2019. 

Well, he will likely be in a new spot in 2021, so if he ends up relegated to the dustbin of the NFL, I guess we have our answer.