• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How close did the Panthers come to getting Stafford? Dang close.

Zod

22 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m a Huddle legend like it or not. Always have been. People love to hate me and I’m fine with that. I’m the contrarian around this place and I’m fine with that too. 

I love all of you as we all want the same thing at the end of the day. But I’m always going to be me. 

I don't hate you. Just wish you knew half of what you spew. 

Truth. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m a Huddle legend like it or not. Always have been. People love to hate me and I’m fine with that. I’m the contrarian around this place and I’m fine with that too. 

I love all of you as we all want the same thing at the end of the day. But I’m always going to be me. 

fugging. yikes.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Would we be better off as a team getting solid QB play for a 1st and a 5th for the next for years in Stafford or with questionable QB play from a rookie that we are likely going to have to trade 3 1sts to get? 

How many more games would we have won this year with Stafford instead of T2G? This is the worst year in NFL history to need a QB. Over half the league is looking for a QB in the next 2 years and next years class is weak at the position. 

So yeah, I would have been happy to give up 8 and have Stafford for the next 4-6 and have time to find a QB to groom. 

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Someone gets it like me. Thank you

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Would we be better off as a team getting solid QB play for a 1st and a 5th for the next for years in Stafford or with questionable QB play from a rookie that we are likely going to have to trade 3 1sts to get? 

How many more games would we have won this year with Stafford instead of T2G? This is the worst year in NFL history to need a QB. Over half the league is looking for a QB in the next 2 years and next years class is weak at the position. 

So yeah, I would have been happy to give up 8 and have Stafford for the next 4-6 and have time to find a QB to groom. 

Whoa, whoa. It isn't going to cost three 1st round draft picks to trade up in the 2021 draft. That's just crazy talk. 

I think someone will end up trading up ahead of us for a QB, so we will at least we will have a hindsight comparison on the "what if" Stafford scenario and the trade up price. Should be interesting to see.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Whoa, whoa. It isn't going to cost three 1st round draft picks to trade up in the 2021 draft. That's just crazy talk. 

I think someone will end up trading up ahead of us for a QB, so we will at least we will have a hindsight comparison on the "what if" Stafford scenario and the trade up price. Should be interesting to see.

With so many buyers, conventional trade deals may not be in play. Where I live housing availability right now is low and demand is high. Houses are selling for 100k over asking in under 24 hours. Desperation for a commodity skyrockets the price. 

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

So Rhule and Tepper just let it happen? Inexcusable. WTF is going on with this franchise? 

Well, Tepper is on record as saying he is learning this process. He's been pretty transparent about that and Matt Rhule has no basis to know whether Marty is a dolt or not. I think if enough voices in the room are pushing to sign Teddy, Rhule probably is okay with the move. 

In complete fairness, I don't think many of us thought that Teddy would be bad in the way that he ended up being bad. The risk aversion to an extreme level and the late game choking were just head scratching. I am not sure we could have predicted they would be that bad. And that is coming from a guy that absolutely said he was a game manager at best.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

With so many buyers, conventional trade deals may not be in play. Where I live housing availability right now is low and demand is high. Houses are selling for 100k over asking in under 24 hours. Desperation for a commodity skyrockets the price. 

I mean....listen, I get that but trading the farm for a POTENTIAL franchise QB isn't really logical. I don't know that I see a lot of teams being THAT level of desperate. 

7 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

A little late in my opinion. He can be their scapegoat on this issue though.

I think Tepper sort of admitted (albeit without directly admitting) that he screwed up keeping Marty on for as long as he did.

He has also basically said that he's going to stay out of Rhule and Fitterer's way rather than trying to be something he's not.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't hate you. Just wish you knew half of what you spew. 

Truth. 

I know more than half. If you think I know nothing you’re mistaken. There’s a reason you won’t see certain people claim I know nothing because they know where my connection points are. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think Tepper sort of admitted (albeit without directly admitting) that he screwed up keeping Marty on for as long as he did.

He has also basically said that he's going to stay out of Rhule and Fitterer's way rather than trying to be something he's not.

Mistakes happen, I'm just surprised he didn't tell Hurney not to sign any big contracts though.