• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade down for this?

SmokinwithWilly

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

IMO, if QB doesn't work out for us we almost HAVE to trade down. But I'm not trading down for current draft capital. I'm trading for '22 draft capital and I want a 1st. The rebuild will have officially been delayed a year and we need to tool up to go after a guy (Howell or Rattler) in '22. Take a flier on a non-1dt round QB and hope he pans out. Meanwhile, we're probably looking at another year of misery with Teddy and reminiscing of that glorious win over the WFT.

For the first time, in a long time, I have no idea what direction the Panthers FO is going to go with.

Bunch of different scenarios:

Trade up for Wilson?

Trade most everything for Watson.

Trade back in the 1st to acquire a 1 next year, rebuild is taking 1 year longer, but will set us up nicely, if we can handle another year of Teddy...unless Jones is there.

Trade a valuable pick for a 3/4 year window with Stafford?

Usually a lot of us here have a pretty good grasp of what the FO is thinking...not this year.

Based on what Fitts said, he's not averse to trading down, but also that past 18, you move to the second tier of first round talent. So, it's possible we could trade down, but I don't see it being lower than 16th or 17th place in this draft. A trade for next year's first though? That throws a wrinkle into it too, as no one knows for sure where will teams will land after the upcoming season, but that could be even more valuable than one from this draft.