• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Nick Caserio: Texans have “zero interest” in trading Deshaun Watson

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

What does that have to do with anything?  Cal McNair is the same guy who traded DeAndre Hopkins for a sack of magic beans just last year.

After the flack he took for that, and the fact that he fired the guy who came up with the idea, you think he's still willing to go down that road again?

McNair's ego isn't going to allow him to lose this fight.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

After the flack he took for that, and the fact that he fired the guy who came up with the idea, you think he's still willing to go down that road again?

Yeah but you are just speculating. Unless that is a buddy or yours or something 

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That haul amount will drop the longer they hold out. It will get less after free agency and the draft, because potential suitors will be off the board. Especially if teams he is willing get traded to move forward with their plans.

Make no mistake, the league isn't going to grind to a standstill to wait on the resolution of this stand off. And the fact that his value is so high is that the need for QB's is extremely high at the moment. That changes when QB's get drafted or QB needy teams decide to sign free agents instead of wait. 

That only works when you don't have such an elite QB. 

You're trying to list scenarios where the QB is no longer desired by the team, and is a shadow of his former self, or just a journeyman.  

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

well, his ego also likely will factor in what his franchise will look like if Watson sits.....again, they will make the Jets look like good team.  And the Houston fanbase isn't emotionally attached to that team. 

I don't think an ego maniac is only going to be concerned about beating Watson.....when he already is being accused of ruining his daddy's franchise.   Because if Watson sits.....that is the worst case scenario IMO for him.  All scenarios clearly suck giants balls for him.   

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Think that'll stop them if the team is losing without him?

Whether he screws him over or drives him away, he's the villain no matter what.

Hell, even if they reconcile, people are still gonna hate 

Prolonging this drama and making it worse will just take the hate and scrutiny to a new level.

He needs to come out, say what happened, apologize and say they are moving on without Watson and he’ll learn from this as an owner.

I know that won’t happen, but still...

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

That only works when you don't have such an elite QB. 

You're trying to list scenarios where the QB is no longer desired by the team, and is a shadow of his former self, or just a journeyman.  

I really don't have an answer for you simply not understanding what I am writing. Most here seem to be able to understand it.

Just now, CRA said:

well, his ego also likely will factor in what his franchise will look like if Watson sits.....again, they will make the Jets look like good team.  And the Houston fanbase isn't emotionally attached to that team. 

I don't think an ego maniac is only going to be concerned about beating Watson.....when he already is being accused of ruining his daddy's franchise.   Because if Watson's sits.....that is the worst case scenario IMO for him.  All scenarios clearly suck giants balls for him.   

From what I've read, it's possible but it would take a ridiculous deal plus an awful lot of convincing from Caserio and Culley. And frankly, I wouldn't bet on them being big fans of trading him either.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Prolonging this drama and making it worse will just take the hate and scrutiny to a new level.

He needs to come out, say what happened, apologize and say they are moving on without Watson and he’ll learn from this as an owner.

I know that won’t happen, but still...

Pretty sure the next step in the strategy is to have David Culley try and convince him that he's gonna make it all better.

Will that work? No idea.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The only way they can deal him and still look like winners is if they get an offer so ridiculous it makes people's jaws drop.

And frankly, I don't wanna be the team on the other end of that kinda deal.

They look like losers regardless, frankly. That'll be the case until they start winning, whether that's with or without Watson. At this point their best way to start winning would be by trading Watson and committing to build the team the way the new GM and HC want to with no distractions.

note the careful wording

"We have zero interest in trading deshaun Watson" is an appeal to Watson, not a declaration to the league, followed by some commentary on the importance of "open communication"

Saying you have no interest implies you could obtain interest, if you truly had "zero interest," then your statement would be directed at the league: "we will not trade deshaun Watson" or even the tried and true "we have no plans to trade deshaun Watson" if you wanted something more in between

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read, it's possible but it would take a ridiculous deal plus an awful lot of convincing from Caserio and Culley. And frankly, I wouldn't bet on them being big fans of trading him either.

I don't think anyone is a big fan of it.   I generally would scoff at a player attempting to pull this off.  I think Watson simply is in position for it to happen.   And eventually someone is going to pull this off in the NFL. 

I just don't see how Watson sitting isn't worse overall (for the owner/team) than trading him.   And I have never seen an example where a player doing so would result in that.  It is a combo of Watson being Watson and the team being where it is that generate that IMO. 

Jack Easterby probably needs secret service to walk around in Houston. 

people never learn about these Patriot folks.  Yeah, an oddity might pop up every now and then like Vrabel but they are almost always poison pills going into other organizations. 

• Beer 1