• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans naming David Culley head coach

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

lmao he's big in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes

of course he is

texans have literally become an evangelical grift

One of my friends came up with a oddly real trade in regards to this. He swears Wertz (with some picks) will be traded for Watson, main reason being Wertz is a super christian. 

Browns curse seems to have moved South, what the holy fug is Houston doing? 

Edited by Basbear

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think that's a move that sends you to salary cap hell.

If the team reeeeallly wants the player, they will over-look cap hell. I mean, I dont buy it. Still Watson is around 15 million for this season and worth the dead space form the Wertz. Houston has been making insane moves during BoB and after, it wouldnt surprise me. 15 mill Watson + 20 mill in dead cap, still means you got Watson. Wertz is a christian and wants out. Houston maybe his salvation in their eyes..

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If the team reeeeallly wants the player, they will over-look cap hell. I mean, I dont buy it. Still Watson is around 15 million for this season and worth the dead space form the Wertz. Houston has been making insane moves during BoB and after, it wouldnt surprise me. 15 mill Watson + 20 mill in dead cap, still means you got Watson. Wertz is a christian and wants out. Houston maybe his salvation in their eyes..

I think Watson for Wentz is somebody's pipe dream.

Heck, the Eagles just hired a head coach specifically for his connection to the last guy who coached Wentz to an effective season.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think Watson for Wentz is somebody's pipe dream.

Heck, the Eagles just hired a head coach specifically for his connection to the last guy who coached Wentz to an effective season.

I thought it was insane, but Houston and Philly do insane moves. Reports last year Wertz hates the Philly area and most of his teammates hate Wertz. Those things are most times past fixing. Dont know if Watson will be part of any Wertz/Philly, but who knows. This is lining up to be one of craziest NFL off-seasons. QBs are on the move with draft has a few options too.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I thought it was insane, but Houston and Philly do insane moves. Reports last year Wertz hates the Philly area and most of his teammates hate Wertz. Those things are most times past fixing. Dont know if Watson will be part of any Wertz/Philly, but who knows. This is lining up to be one of craziest NFL off-seasons. QBs are on the move with draft has a few options too.

I don't know what his teammates think, but I do know the team is committed to him and I don't really see that changing.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know what his teammates think, but I do know the team is committed to him and I don't really see that changing.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

Theres plenty of other pieces out there with teammates hating on him, then theres a few of teammates sticking up for him too. Ertz was one of the guys for Wertz, all reports are hes 100% gone. Lots of moving QB chairs, if Philly likes a QB/hurts, why not get rid of guy who hates the area and some teammates dont respect? 

Can’t be true. I’ve been convinced that the only reason Bieniemy hasn’t been hired as a head coach is because he is black. David Culley being black and getting hired over Bieniemy completely refutes that. So this must be incorrect and Eric Bieniemy must be the actual new Texans head coach.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Can’t be true. I’ve been convinced that the only reason Bieniemy hasn’t been hired as a head coach is because he is black. David Culley being black and getting hired over Bieniemy completely refutes that. So this must be incorrect and Eric Bieniemy must be the actual new Texans head coach.

Youre wrong tho, Culley is not as black as Bieniemy. SO houston still racist!!1!1!

27 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I may be naive but I don't think so (nor do I think it has to do with his abilities) The Chiefs are in their second consecutive SB he is wouldn't be the first coordinator to lose out on a gig because teams don't want to wait until mid Feb to have a HC in place.