• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This is the whiniest, most insufferable, the-sky-is-falling group of people on the internet. 

He didn’t draft the players, but merely presented the cumulative research to Shneider it seems. No one was in the room so how can you assume how well any candidate was perceived? The shitty and holier than thou attitude is what turns people away from this board. 

Give the man a change. Let’s take a couple years to determine how well or poorly he does before vilifying him. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Last 5? Last 10 includes the Wilson year which was the best. I think you need to look at the last 5 again. 2016 isn’t shown but Seattle let their 1st rounder walk after his rookie deal he played so well. Metcalf, Lewis, Reed, Collier, Carson, Pocic, Dissly and Griffin. Those are the only 2020 starters from the past 5 years and Pocic is bad (called for how many penalties in last week’s loss), Dissly is a blocking TE (24 catches), Collier is meh and Carson’s fine but easily replaced.

3 above average starters in 5 years in Metcalf, Reed and Griffin. The other five are no better than saying Ian Thomas, Donte and Carter are our starters.

In the last 5 years, I’d put CMC, Shaq, Moton, Samuel, Moore, Burns, Brown and Chinn so far above Seattle’s good starters.

Top 4 NFL in the last 5 years is horse poo. If you are saying top 4 as in this is the best drafting of the 4 guys we had in for 2nd interviews then damn, we really didn’t worry about their drafting track record recently. Gettleman and Marty wiped the floor with Seattle’s picks the last four years.

8C006FBF-E75B-49BC-8710-554C7B98488E.thumb.png.2a34b1261facbfa470f0dc78aadeb484.png

I disagree on multiple things you have stated but I won’t type a novel. I’ll simply ask...do you realize that he didn’t have final say on the draft? He was not the owner/GM/Coach. Why are you basing this hire on that? 

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

The Panthers have offered Scott Fitterer, Seattle's 47-year-old vice president of football operations, the job as heir new general manager, per league source. Fitterer has been with the Seahawks since 2001 and has a strong background in evaluating talent, especially on the college side.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Last 5? Last 10 includes the Wilson year which was the best. I think you need to look at the last 5 again. 2016 isn’t shown but Seattle let their 1st rounder walk after his rookie deal he played so well. Metcalf, Lewis, Reed, Collier, Carson, Pocic, Dissly and Griffin. Those are the only 2020 starters from the past 5 years and Pocic is bad (called for how many penalties in last week’s loss), Dissly is a blocking TE (24 catches), Collier is meh and Carson’s fine but easily replaced.

3 above average starters in 5 years in Metcalf, Reed and Griffin. The other five are no better than saying Ian Thomas, Donte and Carter are our starters.

In the last 5 years, I’d put CMC, Shaq, Moton, Samuel, Moore, Burns, Brown and Chinn so far above Seattle’s good starters.

Top 4 NFL in the last 5 years is horse poo. If you are saying top 4 as in this is the best drafting of the 4 guys we had in for 2nd interviews then damn, we really didn’t worry about their drafting track record recently. Gettleman and Marty wiped the floor with Seattle’s picks the last four years.

8C006FBF-E75B-49BC-8710-554C7B98488E.thumb.png.2a34b1261facbfa470f0dc78aadeb484.png

at least the draft itself will be fun

maybe not the games, but the draft, hold onto that feeling

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Do you realize that he didn’t have final say on the draft? He was not the owner/GM/Coach. Why are you basing this hire on that? 

I’m not, just saying I don’t feel awesome about the selection yet. I’m so glad Marty is gone but I liked Peters and Dodds and this feels like we settled. I hope he’s great but when I looked at YTD picks they’ve made, it’s terrible over the last 5 years. He may not have final say but you’d hope if there was a gem that he wouldn’t just sit in the corner. As bad as we’ve drafted in 3 of the last 5 years, we’ve got 8 solid starters to Seattle’s 3. That’s concerning because we know Gettleman flubbed 2016 and Marty flubbed 2018/2019.

Maybe Rhule and the scouts are amazing enough at evaluating that it won’t matter and 2020 was a solid draft so I’m hopeful just because we got rid of the let’s spend $81M trying to win in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

at least the draft itself will be fun

maybe not the games, but the draft, hold onto that feeling

I hope my worries are misplaced but their last 5 drafts were putrid compared to ours and all of us know how many picks we literally lit on fire.

Just now, stbugs said:

I’m not, just saying I don’t feel awesome about the selection yet. I’m so glad Marty is gone but I liked Peters and Dodds and this feels like we settled. 

I don't get the feeling we settled.

When you look at the circumstances of him coming in late and then immediately being asked back, it sounds more like he blew them away.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Unimpressive and no wonder the Seahawks have lost all their potency. It's basically Wilson and Carrol's coaching at this point. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't get the feeling we settled.

When you look at the circumstances of him coming in late and then immediately being asked back, it sounds more like he blew them away.

I’ll just be positive and hope they nail it for years. Hopefully it was Schneider and Carroll that flubbed everything and he basically said I wanted X, Y and Z and we got poo. 

Archived