• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox should stay

Hairless Cat

I actually wouldn't hate him staying but only with a new GM (which most likely would want there own HC anyway). I would love to see how good of a HC he could be with a real Franchise QB when he has taking us to multiple playoffs appearances with Jake at the helm. I think Fox and Marc Ross combo would be pretty good (in Ross' first season with the Giants they won a Super Bowl based on a large part because of his drafting and less on Tom Coughlin). But it ain't going to happen. Fox is gone this season.

I could agree with that if that is all that occured.

Lots of teams hold on to guys to long. The drop on guys comes quick and you can't always see it coming......but Fox is sabotaging the season the by still play Jake after it became obvious that he is finished. The fact he refuses to address mistakes is his fatal flaw.......I wouldn't be mad if there was no cure but Fox obvious doesn't make a reasonable look to see if one exist. His backup QBs are there for one reason.....and he isn't using them. If your starter can't get it done...they are a band-aid to get you to next year. Fox is letting the team bleed.

I could handle them making a mistake with them expecting Jake to be the starter this year. However, Fox's real flaws are showing b/c of that one mistake. The mistake if forgivable....Fox's flaws are not anymore.

Fox has seen Moore and years of practise, and preseaon. Im really believe if Fox thought he was the better answer then he would put him in. But Fox cant help it if moore gives him nothing to believe he's worth starting.

If you want to argue Fox shouldve been more ready with a different qb for the future, then thats more debatable. But agian I dont' believe fox should be fired for that sole purpose.

I don't have much of an issue with Fox. But I do have an issue with his Delhomme loyalty. Just a week ago many here were praising him.It's funny how much a difference winning and losing makes on peoples opinion. He is the same coach as last week. He had a good plan against NO but Delhomme cost us again, part of that is on Fox.

Fox has seen Moore and years of practise, and preseaon. Im really believe if Fox thought he was the better answer then he would put him in. But Fox cant help it if moore gives him nothing to believe he's worth starting.

If you want to argue Fox shouldve been more ready with a different qb for the future, then thats more debatable. But agian I dont' believe fox should be fired for that sole purpose.

No it is not, but I would add this: Fox's keep it close, dont lose it and win at the end style is getting old. This is why the Panthers are not consisent more than one season in a row. I do not know if Fox will every change his attitude on this. There is way to much talent on this team to have no killer instict.

I think that plus, now the QB situation is why Fox needs to move on. Now if he even had a killer instict he cant use it because he has no QB. Even if the QB situation is resolved I dont think Fox will ever change his ways. He will still be playing to keep it close, win it at the end of the game, no room for error type of team. Good one year, not the next depending how all the breaks go. I guess you can say that about alot of teams, but why does that have to be this one. Fox needs to move on.... bring in Holgrem :thumbsup:

But what do I know :out:

Fox has proven he cant win 2 years in a row. He's proven he can go a calender year without winning a single home game. He's proven that he sucks at developing talent to replace vets. He's proven that when it comes to whats best for Jake and whats best for Carolina, he's gonna go with Jake every time. Get his underachieving ass out of here at the end of the season please. And take all his "Fox is a great coach" fanboys with em!

Delhomme is certainly not MAKING plays out of thin air, the way the upper echelon of QB's do. At his point, Delhomme has just defaulted to managing a run heavy offense, and looking for a safe throw when the run defense looks effective. But, there haven't been many safe throws to our receivers this year. Only our tight ends are getting truly open!

In hindsight, once the Peppers deal was done, there simply wasn't any money left for any sort of Quartback adjustment. At that time, and ever since, Delhomme has been the best QB we have on our roster. If any of our backups were better, they'd have gotten their shot. Some of them got a shot, or two, and still didn't beat Delhomme.

Fox does not hold back great players.

Off the top of my head. The 1st 7 years pretty much sums up what a coach can or can't do.

I doubt there is an NFL coach in the last 30 yrs that if he didn't take a team to at least a Super Bowl win in his first 7 years he had to go somewhere else to do it.

Dungy and Shanahan and Belicheat, Gruden, Coughlin come to mind. None of them won with their first team, but made the jump to another team and did well.

Right now, no playoffs mean no Fox next year. Simply time to change the driver.

Fox has proven he cant win 2 years in a row. He's proven he can go a calender year without winning a single home game. He's proven that he sucks at developing talent to replace vets. He's proven that when it comes to whats best for Jake and whats best for Carolina, he's gonna go with Jake every time. Get his underachieving ass out of here at the end of the season please. And take all his "Fox is a great coach" fanboys with em!
agreed.

for those who would look at other franchises that have done worse i would suggest you raising your standard and trying to compare us with the best and wish for us to be ranked up there.

it ain't going to happen with fox and jake. hurney still has to show he has the balls to make a change there as well. if he can't then he needs to be gone as well.

The biggest thing i have agianst Fox is we arent always playing good consistenely in seasons. But at the same time I beleive him and Hunrey have Built a super bowl calibur team. Sadly that cant be proven with the lame start weve had.

Much of what happens the rest of the season will impact my opinion. If we manage to beat good teams and teams were supposed to beat and go 11-5 to 9-7 . Then keep him

7-9 to 3-13 and I think its time to go.

I think it's the whole coaching staff.

We can't develope a wide reciever so we bring Moose back. We can't develope a young quarterback and Jake has gotten worse with every season, his poor play is really no surprise. Everytime he drops back to pass instead of expecting a nice gain all I can do is hope for no int.

When we recieve a punt or kick off instead of hoping for a run back I just hope we don't fumble. Now when we punt I find myself hoping it's not blocked.

As a fan I don't think it wrong to expect more from your team than playing to not lose real bad. The only bright spot this year is the defense.

in 08 Jarrett at times looked to be the best WR on the team "during practice". Obviously, what was occuring during practice didn't land him playing time.

so how can you say it is b/c Moore hasn't proven himself in practice. Good practice doesn't earn you playing time in Fox's world. Moore proved in real games he could move the offense in 07.....when other guys proved they couldn't......in acutal games in 07.

Jake is NOW the 07 Carr/Vinny......Fox didn't want to go to Moore then b/c Fox claimed the other guys "gave the team the best chance". He was forced to finally give him a chance. He was wrong then........what makes you sure he isn't wrong now??

in 08 Jarrett at times looked to be the best WR on the team "during practice". Obviously, what was occuring during practice didn't land him playing time.

so how can you say it is b/c Moore hasn't proven himself in practice. Good practice doesn't earn you playing time in Fox's world. Moore proved in real games he could move the offense in 07.....when other guys proved they couldn't......in acutal games in 07.

Jake is NOW the 07 Carr/Vinny......Fox didn't want to go to Moore then b/c Fox claimed the other guys "gave the team the best chance". He was forced to finally give him a chance. He was wrong then........what makes you sure he isn't wrong now??

Rep. (ah when is it going to be turned back on?)

Jarrett should have been the starter much sooner and so should have Moore.

Archived