• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox should stay

Hairless Cat

Didnt our back up quarter back get raped by Philadelphia so badly ( read porus o line ) he had to be put onto the IR?

I think Fox and Hurney did plan but you can not plan for every contingency.

And I think Matt Moore has not progressed they way they thought he would, in fact I would argue from what I have seen of him this year including the pre season games that Moore has actually REGRESSED

I use putting McCown on IR as another screw up. From what I understand he would have been able to play starting about 2 weeks ago. Fox/Hurney panicked with their concerns about Moore and put McCown on IR to bring in Feely and now the team has 2 QB's that are "not a better option than Jake". I would even be curious to see if they would have even put McCown in had he not gotten hurt. Plus, did anybody really think they brought McCown in as the QB of the future for this franchise :confused:

Honestly, he's one of the better coaches in the league. Panthers have been top 10 in the NFL in total wins since he took over a 1-15 team.

That being said, I still want to bring in someone new. The league has shifted to benefit pass first offenses and Foxball just isn't as competitive as it once was. It's clear seeing what Henning is doing in Miami that Fox is a big part of how our offense is designed.

I'd like to keep both of our coordinators and GM though. Give Davidson some more freedom to run the Weis system of offense he studied under and overhaul our WRs and QB situation.

This post is full of awesome.

Fox is a good coach, just not here and for us anymore. It's plain and simple. We need to go in a new direction. We need to hire an up and comer. How many cliches is that? 3? Then two more...no retreads. We need to find someone with fire.

And as someone who not only watched pre-Fox Panthers football but sat in the stands for it, I want him gone. Like family that visit for the holidays, they've come, done their thing, it was nice, now it's time to go.

This post is full of awesome.

Fox is a good coach, just not here and for us anymore. It's plain and simple. We need to go in a new direction. We need to hire an up and comer. How many cliches is that? 3? Then two more...no retreads. We need to find someone with fire.

And as someone who not only watched pre-Fox Panthers football but sat in the stands for it, I want him gone. Like family that visit for the holidays, they've come, done their thing, it was nice, now it's time to go.

daahhhhhhhhh

:thumbsup:

What makes fox such a good coach? Teh way he gameplan's? His clock management?

half time adjustment's? Knowing when a player needs to be pulled?

Maybe it's teh way he gets in a player's face when they screw up. no,no I got it...

It's the way he's implemented Dean Smiths 4 corners into pro football... yea that's it.

Even if he did make the mistake of assuming that Delhomme would make a comeback after the Arizona fiasco last year, he knows that it ws a mistake now.

As Far as I can tell thats his biggest sin and the reason our record has been dismal this year. It all goes back to Delhomme. Just because he wont start one of the back ups is NOT REASON TO FIRE HIM AND TAKE A CHANCE WITH AN INEPT COACH. He and Marty Hurney can find us a quarterback in the off season that will get us back to where we want to be as a contender for the SB and NFC title.

I say give him at least another year and see what he can do.:)

um, that pretty much makes Fox the definition of an inept coach

By lost Im assuming you mean, the players dont beileve in him, don't care what he says. Has lost thier fire, and are rebeling. If so, what info after this hard fought loss over the Saints do you have that supports that idea?

Steve Smith's outburst on the sidelines. Beason saying he can get through to Peppers while the coaches can't. Nobody gives a damn about Fox anymore.

Also, it wasn't a hard fought loss. It was a conservative meltdown. Something bad teams like we are right now do, find ways to lose.

um, that pretty much makes Fox the definition of an inept coach

I think what he was saying is Fox should not be fired for simply holding on to Delohmme one season to long.

No one really saw the meltdown coming. Yes we all knew he was prone to bad games and dismal performences. But he was never as bad as he showed this season. Even if they thought there was going to be a drop off from him, there was no reason to be itd be this severe.

Steve Smith's outburst on the sidelines. Beason saying he can get through to Peppers while the coaches can't. Nobody gives a damn about Fox anymore.

Also, it wasn't a hard fought loss. It was a conservative meltdown. Something bad teams like we are right now do, find ways to lose.

Steve has had outburst numerous times before. If you were to put a camera on every sidleine in a game, youd seem them from every team. It was pure emotion.

Beason had nothing to do with Fox, it was a sepreate mistake on his part. Smith did they similar things to Jarret years before.

If it wasnt hard fought, then why was it so close? Why were so close to beating a superb undeafeated team at there place?

I think what he was saying is Fox should not be fired for simply holding on to Delohmme one season to long.

No one really saw the meltdown coming. Yes we all knew he was prone to bad games and dismal performences. But he was never as bad as he showed this season. Even if they thought there was going to be a drop off from him, there was no reason to be itd be this severe.

I could agree with that if that is all that occured.

Lots of teams hold on to guys to long. The drop on guys comes quick and you can't always see it coming......but Fox is sabotaging the season the by still play Jake after it became obvious that he is finished. The fact he refuses to address mistakes is his fatal flaw.......I wouldn't be mad if there was no cure but Fox obvious doesn't make a reasonable look to see if one exist. His backup QBs are there for one reason.....and he isn't using them. If your starter can't get it done...they are a band-aid to get you to next year. Fox is letting the team bleed.

I could handle them making a mistake with them expecting Jake to be the starter this year. However, Fox's real flaws are showing b/c of that one mistake. The mistake if forgivable....Fox's flaws are not anymore.

Archived