• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

YOu guys getting any of this rain (storm)?

Hairless Cat

Yes, are you playing the Sea Trail courses or going elsewhere? I've played all the Sea Trail courses, Jones is the best IMO. SandPiper Bay across the road is a nice course that is not so hard. The Thistle down the road is very nice, but tough. River's Edge is not too far, it's nice, but really, really hard. Lots of good ones down there. Stay away from Brick Landing... it's a goat farm now.

Yeah we are playing Byrd, Jones and Maples and get 4 rounds to play. We are thinking about staying 10 minutes north of there at the Brunswick plantation which will save us about $50 per person (but still playing Sea Trail courses).

I don't know that area at all....any advice?....and is there anything to do in the evenings during the week and offseason? We are going Mon-Thursday in December.

Yeah we are playing Byrd, Jones and Maples and get 4 rounds to play. We are thinking about staying about 10 minutes north of there and staying at the Brunswick plantation which will save us about $50 per person (but still playing Sea Trail courses).

I don't know that area at all....any advice?....and is there anything to do in the evenings during the week and offseason? We are going Mon-Thursday in December.

Yeah, that's what a big group of me and my friends do, except we go in early May... Brunswick Plantation is nice for the money. There's nothing to do right there at night, but you will be 20 minutes from North Myrtle, 30 minutes from Myrtle if you take the SC31 Bypass, and 45 from downtown Wilmington.

The Sea Trail courses are all nice. I don't care for Maples all that much, but last time I played there, all three were in good shape.

I recommend Crow Creek and Farmstead as well... they are both 5 minutes from Brunswick Plantation and are both fantastic. Farmstead has a 600+ yard par 6.

PM me if you want if you have specific questions.

Yeah, that's what a big group of me and my friends do, except we go in early May... Brunswick Plantation is nice for the money. There's nothing to do right there at night, but you will be 20 minutes from North Myrtle, 30 minutes from Myrtle if you take the SC31 Bypass, and 45 from downtown Wilmington.

The Sea Trail courses are all nice. I don't care for Maples all that much, but last time I played there, all three were in good shape.

I recommend Crow Creek and Farmstead as well... they are both 5 minutes from Brunswick Plantation and are both fantastic. Farmstead has a 600+ yard par 6.

Thanks for the info...sorry for the thread hijack!

Back on track.....it's still raining in Charlotte....not that Forrest Gump sideways rain, but it is raining.

Bit of an understatement...lol

Is it really that bad?

The 4 of us who are going all have a taste for the "nightlife" (ok, we are raging alcoholics who think we are still 21). A cab ride into each night into North Myrtle sounds like it might get a bit expensive.

No he's right... there's literally nothing there at BP... so it's a cab ride to NMB or stay in the room and drink.

Well, there is that Hardees in Supply... but somehow I don't think that's the kind of night life JR was looking for.

Sh*t.....a thick burger and fries can be very comforting after an all night bender. Then from that Hardees you've only got about 30 minutes to the titty bars. :auto:

I am still not sure why we are not staying near something to do at night and driving to the golf courses during the day. That would make more sense to me.

No kidding. The way you guys are doing it is like wiping before you poop.

Archived